S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ordering a 2011 S4 - Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Ordered.
Interesting; I could not get below 2% off MSRP (~$1200 off) for an order from Stevens Creek. Eventually I found that Bakersfield Audi would take the ZAG deal (Invoice plus $1200) offered to Northern California. With the loyalty discount I am ending up $300 below. I don't mind a quick flight down on miles and 200 mile road trip to christen the beast.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Audi Supplier is the way to go if your employer has a working relationship with Audi.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wnpub
Interesting; I could not get below 2% off MSRP (~$1200 off) for an order from Stevens Creek. Eventually I found that Bakersfield Audi would take the ZAG deal (Invoice plus $1200) offered to Northern California. With the loyalty discount I am ending up $300 below. I don't mind a quick flight down on miles and 200 mile road trip to christen the beast.
Interesting. Back in fall when I was looking at Bakersfield Audi, I also inquired about ZAG pricing and they were going to honor the $300 over invoice pricing. However, I did not ask about special order, they offered me that price on a car which was about to hit their sales floor.

Additionally, when I took delivery of my S4 on 12/31, the dealership manager told me they were sold out of S4 allocations for the next month or so, indicating that these cars were getting harder and harder to get. Possibly leading to dealerships tightening up their negotiations and offering less discounts.

PS. Careful when driving up! I got a speeding ticket going through Coalinga with a CHP using lidar. Bastard!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I def agree that they are getting harder and harder to get for the price you are hoping. The only Zag dealership in WA that i have found is in Spokane and there isn't one in Portland...it really just depends on where you live...high demand areas like the PNW don't cut costs too much, maybe back when they had some inventory...but not right now, they don't have to.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
PS. Careful when driving up! I got a speeding ticket going through Coalinga with a CHP using lidar. Bastard!
I will definitely watch out, thanks!

It does look like demand has chased the prices up a fair amount in this area. Kudos to you for getting in early.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It may be harder to get a discount with special order paint. What color do you want? If it's really something off the wall then don't be surprised if they ask you for a $5000 NON-refundable discount.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wnpub
Audi Loyalty actually comes off the price after fees, taxes, and title....
Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Audi Loyalty actually comes off the price after fees, taxes, and title....
ok- $150 difference from what I said assuming 55k negotiated price, 8.5% sales tax and 800 in fees. I spent that much in billable time doing the math and typing this response.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by quattro.it
It may be harder to get a discount with special order paint. What color do you want? If it's really something off the wall then don't be surprised if they ask you for a $5000 NON-refundable discount.
I wanted a metallic yellow called "Giallo Midas" that comes on a Lamborghini Gallardo that one of my neighbors drives around town. Audi owns Lamborghini yet I was told this was from another manufacturer and it would be $6,000 extra. Later I read somewhere that Audi will not do Lambo colors yet they put it on a special edition VW Golf - go figure! http://www.gotbroken.com/search/giallo+midas+golf . I'm now leaning towards Black Cherry, a color available on the A8 http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...usive-color%29. I would have no problem paying the $5K non refundable deposit because if I order the car I'm buying it for sure when it arrives.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 275 Likes on 201 Posts

Funny in March 2010, Stevens Creek Audi would not budge from MSRP on a 2010 S4 on the lot. I left twice, they called me a couple of times, but they would not budge from MSRP. They were selling the cars as they came off the truck, so fast they did not need to discount them. The zag pricing for this dealer was also listed as; the dealer will provide price.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2011 S4 - Discount?