S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ordering an S4 but guaranteeing a price over invoice

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereodude
Definitely talk to more dealers. And, write this back:

"None of my previously purchased cars were bought at MSRP. If I find with a large amount of money to burn I might give you the courtesy of my business without any discounts. I will tell you that from what I've heard that I'm not likely to have money to burn anytime soon.

If you would like to place an order for me with an understanding that you will be offering a reasonable discount from MSRP on a new MY2013 S4 let me know."
Awesome - well stated! The only way to make it better is to put 'courtesy' in quotes.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bought my )4 s4 over the phone. Found 3 cars that were similar but not exact. Played the one against the other.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anybody ever use the Costco Car buying service...when I bought my '12 S4 I started my negotiation with Audi Supplier Discount (6%) plus BMW Conquest Incentive ($1500). BTW its 1500 not 1000 if you can show you are a member of BMW Club NA (which gives you $500 toward BMW purchase).

I hear the Costco service is decent....but no direct experience.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

simply ask (yes, by phone) other dealer(s) to match down then pick one with good price
Old 04-20-2012, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by waffles
Where are you located? Maybe someone nearby can recommend a better dealer.

Also, don't feel like you should hide the dealer's name. If they are sending emails like that, then everyone deserves to know and to take their business elsewhere.
Located in Chicago. It was Audi Westmont, but the person had an autonation.com email.....so not sure what the deal is there.

Anyway, I posted the email here because I thought it was insulting to try and tell me an Audi S4 would go for MSRP. I get it, everyone wants to maximize their sale price, but really? MSRP? On an S4? Pffffffttttt!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UltraAudi
Located in Chicago. It was Audi Westmont, but the person had an autonation.com email.....so not sure what the deal is there.

Anyway, I posted the email here because I thought it was insulting to try and tell me an Audi S4 would go for MSRP. I get it, everyone wants to maximize their sale price, but really? MSRP? On an S4? Pffffffttttt!
Go check out Fletcher Jones Audi in river north/old town. I live in Chicago right now. Ended up ordering mine through an Atlanta dealer because I will have moved there by the time these get delivered. However, the guy (Charles) at Fletcher Jones was pretty cool, took me out for a test drive immediately, and we chatted briefly about my supplier discount/pricing. We didn't actually negotiate a price yet, but he sounded reasonable and like he'd be willing to negotiate a fair deal.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Schaumburg Audi was also very fair with me. They didn't fight too much and I still managed to get my ordered car for about $500 over invoice.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carguyrob
Schaumburg Audi was also very fair with me. They didn't fight too much and I still managed to get my ordered car for about $500 over invoice.
who did you use at Schaumurg?

I find westmont to be incredibly arrogant and lazy. Stay away from Continental audi in naperville also. They are awful. Wanted to order a car and literally they salesman dan made it seem that we were lucky to get a dollar off. walked out and bought at FJ. Great place.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

See Harold Grant at Audi Exchange in Highland Park. I just bought my S4 from him. Great guy, very helpful, no BS.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I typically send an e mail to about 5-10 dealers. Starting with something to the effect:

I am looking to purchase a (Insert Vehicle). My time is valuable as I am sure yours is too. That being said here are the features and color I prefer. Please let me know what is your best price. I dont have time to play the games equivalent to, "let me check with my manager". I live in this area and am looking at about 20 dealerships to earn my business.

I look forward to your best response.

Respectfully,

They now know think that I will travel a good distance for the right deal as I purposely put a living location several hundred miles from them.

It too takes a bit of work, but is usually worth it.

Quick Reply: Ordering an S4 but guaranteeing a price over invoice