S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

overheating... not a good sign

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update?
Ty che tam sovsem usnyl v vashem zasnezhenom gorode?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Former Vendor

Finally got my car out of the snow yesterday... took it in to audi and at first they didnt want to give me a loaner due to the weather and told me its a big liability for them?? What liablitity, i have insurance, lol...

Anyway, they ended up giving me a loaner after waiting about 1.5 hours and told me its probably my thermostat. Im just happy i got a q5 as a loaner because NY is sunk with snow. The city isnt doing anything about it and most neighbors are throwing in money to have random people clean the streets. Dont know what it is but my feeling is the sanitation department is on strike, but who knows.

Most blocks here are still buried with snow to the point where its hard to walk in the middle of the block without loosing your feet in 2 feet of snow.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MDMA
Update?
Ty che tam sovsem usnyl v vashem zasnezhenom gorode?
tolka shto procnulce, lol.. crazy
Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Q5 is the only loaner they give at my dealer I actually really like that truck lol. Good luck with everything let us know how it goes
Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Q5 is the only loaner they give at my dealer I actually really like that truck lol. Good luck with everything let us know how it goes

Thanks... yea the q5 is a great car. I got a pretty loaded one with led headlights, tailights.. memory seats... auto folding mirrors lol. This thing has more options than my loaded s4.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Q5 is also a B8 platform, it's just an A/S4 underpinnings with different drivetrain and suspension
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

disregarding all the questions i was asked when i brought my car in, i just got another call from service asking me if anyone has ever worked on my car in the engine area... This is so frustrating wow. They keep mentioning i have an aluminum water pump and not the plastic one, even after i gave them a whole lecture about how the newer models came with an updated pump.

I already contacted corporate because this is ridiculous.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A&AEuroTuning
disregarding all the questions i was asked when i brought my car in, i just got another call from service asking me if anyone has ever worked on my car in the engine area... This is so frustrating wow. They keep mentioning i have an aluminum water pump and not the plastic one, even after i gave them a whole lecture about how the newer models came with an updated pump.

This is why dealerships get a bad rap. Many are really uninvolved with what is actually happening with their brand and the public perception as well as what Audi is doing. It's their own fault too. I have it on good authority that Audi knew about this over a YEAR AGO now, and also briefed all service departments on what fails, how it fails, and why it fails - complete with power point slides comparing the old and new pumps, as well as pictures of various failed pumps.

This also is really disappointing that Audi's stance is that they cannot get enough new pumps into the supply line to do a recall with an entire years lead time?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A&AEuroTuning

Thats ridiculous! They always do that kind of ****. Next time take it to Classic Audi in eastchester to Joe or Tony cause at least they try first. Hope corporate takes care of this.

On another note. I was a little perturbed that the Q5 loaners I get are fully loaded as well. LOL It makes me mad every time I hit the lock button and the mirrors fold and my car which is from a higher line from audi doesnt have that.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor

Yea.. i cant believe this thing has folding mirrors and mine doesnt. lol..

about to pull the motors out.

Quick Reply: overheating... not a good sign