S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Paintless dent repair in the Philly area

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintless dent repair in the Philly area

Anyone know of a trusted ding repair service in the Philly to king of Prussia area. A coworker thru a door open and bounced it off my rear quarter.

The paint looks fine and was able to get most of the scuff out with scratch removal cream but the crease really is noticeable when looking at low angles.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Let me ask a buddy who live in Audubon and has a stable of nice toys. I used to live in K.o.P but havent been there in a while and things change.

I take it you dont want the Main Line over priced places as well?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

I just had 3 little dents on the roof of my RS4 taken out (I was an idiot and drove under a parking garage arm too late, and it bounced across my roof as I went under)

The guy charged $100...and it looks FLAWLESS. I was amazed.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not opposed to the main line but would have to get transportation back and forth. KOP is half way between work and home. My brother works at a Volvo dealership on the main line that uses dent wizard. But swapping cars etc is a hassle. I am scheduled for state inspection on Wednesday and thought I would have the Audi dealer get it done while it's there. They are within walking distance from where I work.

If I knew of a trusted service I could have them arrange it while it's there.

They have someone they use but before I take it I wanted to do some homework.

Hoping the Audi dealership has someone that knows he is working on an Audi and not a Yugo!

I looked today and it is not a big ding but a blemish is a blemish!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mike Murphy at Carisma 1311 Wilmington Pike, West Chester, PA (near Otto's BMW)is the oldest in the area. He has won all kinds of national competitions and is truly a master craftsman. I took a BMW there that was parked under an oak tree and had over 50 acorn dings in the hood, trunk, and roof. A black car, and when he was finished, you never would have known. I've gone to him for years.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gate17
Mike Murphy at Carisma 1311 Wilmington Pike, West Chester, PA (near Otto's BMW)is the oldest in the area. He has won all kinds of national competitions and is truly a master craftsman. I took a BMW there that was parked under an oak tree and had over 50 acorn dings in the hood, trunk, and roof. A black car, and when he was finished, you never would have known. I've gone to him for years.
+1 Just got the same answer from Buddy who still lives out that way. GL. Make sure if it is a door ding that they dont tear the vapor barrier as it may cause water leaks later.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
+1 Just got the same answer from Buddy who still lives out that way. GL. Make sure if it is a door ding that they dont tear the vapor barrier as it may cause water leaks later.
I think there is a CARISMA in Frazer on route 30. I can't speak from experience but I remember a former coworker being a very happy customer.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked up the car yesterday after the inspection and the dent wasn't fixed. The guy that usually does the service for my dealer was on vacation.

I set up an apt in two weeks. The company they use is Dent Wizard. Anyone have any first hand experience with them? I am not sure if it is the West Chester dent wizard as the dealer wasn't sure.

Also they opened my back door and said he might have to drill an access hole in the rear pillar. I told him I was not too keen on him drilling holes. I asked if he could get to it thru the wheel well or somehow thru the gas filler door area. I would think the plastic housing can come out and he can gain access that way.

Will see