S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Picked up my new S4 this week :-)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my new S4 this week :-)

...now I know what you folks have been raving about. Truly a thing of beauty. (plus, it drives okay too!).
Attached Images      
Old 10-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can only upload 5 photos at a time... so here are a couple more. I wanted to get the Estoril Blue in a few different lights.
Attached Images   
Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks absolutely stunning!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice! Enjoy it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

congrats! great color! enjoy!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Trule a thing of beauty. A work of art. *drool*
You get the idea...
Old 10-19-2012, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. I'm waiting for mine to arrive within the next week or two. She's at the ther end of the country. I got the same interior. I noticed the trim around your shifter is black. Is that the standard colour? How you enjoying the red interior? Sad to say the alcantara is not available in Canada on our premium model. Nappa is standard. I went with the red as it's priced the same as the plain black. I thought the red/black combo looked quite nice. I went with the Phantom black. I traded my brilliant red alacantara. I'm gonna miss those seats at they were cool in the summer and warm in the winter and kept pinned to your seat.

Enjoy your new ride.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
I noticed the trim around your shifter is black. Is that the standard colour?
The black trim is a new option for MY13 and is packaged with the Stainless Steel trim. The Piano Black is around the main gauge cluster and center console.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup! Where abouts in MA are you? I'm in the Milford/Franklin area and have a vagcom cable if you need a scan or want to change any settings (remove seatbelt chime, remove the LED wink when signaling, etc). There are a number of threads on vagcom if interested in learning more, or I can dig up a link and send it along. Pretty sure the battery meter doesn't work on the B8.5 but most other 'mods' work I hear (and these don't void your warranty, they aren't engine tuning, just minor tweaks). Enjoy the new ride.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
I noticed the trim around your shifter is black. Is that the standard colour? How you enjoying the red interior? Sad to say the alcantara is not available in Canada on our premium model. Nappa is standard. I went with the red as it's priced the same as the plain black. I thought the red/black combo looked quite nice. I went with the Phantom black. I traded my brilliant red alacantara. I'm gonna miss those seats at they were cool in the summer and warm in the winter and kept pinned to your seat.

Enjoy your new ride.
Thanks! As NHMan stated, the black around the shifter comes with the 'stainless steel' trim option. I really like the piano black around the instrument cluster more than I do the standard aluminum. The black allows just a little bit of silver circling each instrument to show, giving it a nice contrast. The piano black around the shifter can be prone to finger prints, so I just keep a micro fiber cloth in the cubby hole next to the cup holders and can absent mindedly keep wiping it clean! (Is my OCD showing?!).

I'm loving the red interior. My last car (Acura TL) was all black interior (which looked great)... but I wanted to change it up a bit. At first, I hesitated getting the red with the Estoril Blue thinking they might not work together, but am glad I did... I think it looks good. It doesn't look like SuperMan because both the blue and red are darker than Clark Kent's suit! Even if it did, it is a SuperCar... so the red sports it up a bit.

The MMI system is simply awesome too! Easy to connect your iPhone to bluetooth for both calls and playing music. Love having the controls at right where you naturally rest your hand (no reaching to the dash).

Can you tell that I'm lovin' this car?

Quick Reply: Picked up my new S4 this week :-)