S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Possible Special Order - Stripped-Down B8.5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
That is correct, it's another reason why I bit the bullet and got the MMI/NAV package on mine too. You get BT phone without it, but BT audio has to have NAV/MMI.
I just went through this and the ability to use BT was a big plus for me. The other reason I got the nav was I really liked how it tied things together with the color screen and individual controls for ADS
Mike
Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cloudripper
Greetings all!

Have been looking for a 2010-2012 B8 S4 in Quartz Gray with ADS, but no luck so far...I'm patient, but I'm considering ordering a 'stripped-down' B8.5 for around $50k...I'm on the fence about which color will make it the best Q-car: Quartz, Daytona, or Monsoon

Search doesn't seem to be working this morning, so I have to ask if anyone out there has ordered a B8.5 without the MMI/Nav? Are you happy with your decision?

Audi S4
S-Tronic
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Sport Differential
Quartz/Daytona/Monsoon Gray
Premium Plus
Black Nappa Leather
19" 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheel
Advanced Key
Bang and Olufsen Stereo
Carbon Inlays
That is not a stripped down order! You have hit all the essential tick boxes in my eyes. I do not have navigation and I feel I made the right decision. I have google maps and it gives me turn by turn through the bluetooth package in the car. The options I feel are essential are the ones I selected. It looks like in 2015 they are totally revamping the MMI anyway so maybe in a while when i upgrade I will spring for the nav. Currently I do not feel it is worth $3000 for the current navi/mmi.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 284 Likes on 216 Posts

I hope someday I can steal the 4GLTE dta receiver our of a modern car and put it in my S4.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Similar to mine

I got a similiar package. No NAV, but adaptive suspension, 19 inch, B&O, dif, nappa, etc. The go-fast and hendle well goodies. I do not miss the NAV at all. To me, I would rather use my phone Nav and the multitude of programs that come with the phone than the NAV unit which is stuck. I also do not like flipping through radio stations as much with the NAV system.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just got my S4 last week (2013 Ice Silver, S-Tronic, MMI Nav, Sports diff/drive select, B&O sound, Audi advance key, carbon atlas inlays). I came out of an Acura TL-S which was noted for having one of the nicest/easy to use Nav systems around. I think that the MMI/Navi in the Audi is very nice and very functional. As others have mentioned the ability to customize the "drive select" features is quite nice, streaming BT audio is awesome. The wifi hotspot is a nice feature along with google earth etc... yes you could certainly get by without them. Another thing to consider is future resale/trade in. Most of these cars are MMI/Nav equiped so it could impact you down the road. I was dead set on buying a car with Fine Nappa leather but ended up with the Alcantera, I wanted specific options as well and my car was the only one available in a reasonable distance to dealer trade for. I would have had to spend another $3K+ for a loaded Prestige model. I never use cruise control so the extra dough for the adaptive CC and blind spot recognition seemed an absolute waste. Keep in mind that you have up until July for an additional $1,000 off of the price for the Audi loyalty incentive. Push for a hard deal on the new car too..... worst case scenario you should pay no more than 1% over invoice (about $500-600). Audi is a straight 6% mark up with no holdback money. Make sure your trade is looking great when you roll it in there, take some time to clean/detail it, touch up and stone nicks etc..... give them ammo and they will use it against you. Best of luck moving forward on your purchase!!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MVR 155
I just got my S4 last week (2013 Ice Silver, S-Tronic, MMI Nav, Sports diff/drive select, B&O sound, Audi advance key, carbon atlas inlays). I came out of an Acura TL-S which was noted for having one of the nicest/easy to use Nav systems around. I think that the MMI/Navi in the Audi is very nice and very functional. As others have mentioned the ability to customize the "drive select" features is quite nice, streaming BT audio is awesome. The wifi hotspot is a nice feature along with google earth etc... yes you could certainly get by without them. Another thing to consider is future resale/trade in. Most of these cars are MMI/Nav equiped so it could impact you down the road. I was dead set on buying a car with Fine Nappa leather but ended up with the Alcantera, I wanted specific options as well and my car was the only one available in a reasonable distance to dealer trade for. I would have had to spend another $3K+ for a loaded Prestige model. I never use cruise control so the extra dough for the adaptive CC and blind spot recognition seemed an absolute waste. Keep in mind that you have up until July for an additional $1,000 off of the price for the Audi loyalty incentive. Push for a hard deal on the new car too..... worst case scenario you should pay no more than 1% over invoice (about $500-600). Audi is a straight 6% mark up with no holdback money. Make sure your trade is looking great when you roll it in there, take some time to clean/detail it, touch up and stone nicks etc..... give them ammo and they will use it against you. Best of luck moving forward on your purchase!!
Forgot to add that I also have the 19" wheels
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subiesleeper
That is not a stripped down order! You have hit all the essential tick boxes in my eyes.
Just the essentials
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MVR 155
I never use cruise control so the extra dough for the adaptive CC and blind spot recognition seemed an absolute waste. Keep in mind that you have up until July for an additional $1,000 off of the price for the Audi loyalty incentive. Push for a hard deal on the new car too..... worst case scenario you should pay no more than 1% over invoice (about $500-600). Audi is a straight 6% mark up with no holdback money. Make sure your trade is looking great when you roll it in there, take some time to clean/detail it, touch up and stone nicks etc..... give them ammo and they will use it against you. Best of luck moving forward on your purchase!!
Congrats on your delivery! How do you like the Ice Silver? I love the Q-car aspect of silver or gray (which makes part of me want to order a Quartz B8.5)...

Agree on the CC but personally like the side assist (probably not enough to pay for it though unless it was $500 or so).

Below is what the Audi Configurator spits out. Edmunds.com Invoice calls for $52,442. So does this calculation sound in the ballpark?

$52.4k Invoice minus $1k Loyalty Incentive plus ~$500 plus tax/registration?

Your 2013 S4
Total Price*$ 56,320
Engine
3.0 TFSI® Premium Plus: Seven-speed dual-clutch S tronic® transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive$ 49,000

Exterior
Ice Silver metallic$ 475

Interior
Eight-way power S sport seats with integrated headrests with four-way power lumbar adjustment
Fine Nappa leather
Black/Black inserts

Equipment
Audi quattro® with sports differential$ 1,250
19" 5-segment-spoke-design alloy wheel with 255/35 summer tires$ 800
Audi adaptive damping suspension$ 1,250
Bang & Olufsen® Sound System$ 850
Fine Nappa leather$ 1,250
Audi advanced key$ 550

Destination charge
Destination charge$ 895

Last edited by Cloudripper; 04-24-2013 at 08:18 AM.