S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Is prepaid Audicare worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is prepaid Audicare worth it?

My sales rep told me I should get years worth of Audicare when I pick up my 2011. If it's anything like MB service, it's probably nothing more than glorified oil change. What's your opinion on what Audi dealers do for maintenance? Worth prepaying it? Or better to go to my own private mechanic to save money?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Searched "Is audi care worth it?" in the Forum search tool and got a bunch of hits. This is the best.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...re+worth+it%3F
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Get it... May be a glorified oil change, but the piece of mind is worth it.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muray
My sales rep told me I should get years worth of Audicare when I pick up my 2011. If it's anything like MB service, it's probably nothing more than glorified oil change. What's your opinion on what Audi dealers do for maintenance? Worth prepaying it? Or better to go to my own private mechanic to save money?
I read on Audizine that the addition of Audicare raises your residual by 1%, although I haven't yet had that confirmed. If that's true, and I did the math right, adding the $740 cost to your MSRP is pretty much offset completely by the 1% residual increase (i.e. your monthly payment goes down enough that the $740 is saved over the life of your lease). I worked this out on a 36 month lease with 12k/year.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Get it... May be a glorified oil change, but the piece of mind is worth it.
second that
Old 05-10-2010, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, for leasing it is a no-brainer. It's also a no-brainer if you would normally get your car serviced at the dealer anyway.

It's only a question if you would otherwise service your car at an independent shop (or by yourself).
Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am buying it. Is it same price whichever dealer I go to? I guess Audi itself gets the money, not the dealer? I know for Mercedes-Benz every dealer charges different amount of money for basically the same service.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I believe its the same price (money goes to Audi). I think you can negotiate the price with the dealer though, where they would chip in some of the money.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hobbes
Yes, for leasing it is a no-brainer. It's also a no-brainer if you would normally get your car serviced at the dealer anyway.

It's only a question if you would otherwise service your car at an independent shop (or by yourself).
Yeah, I went for it. Seems like a nice addition to the purchase/lease. Piece of mind plus everything is covered, including loaner cars, etc etc. It seems to be pretty reasonable price wise if you think about it. How much would you save by not doing it? $200? I'd gladly spend that to have hassle free ownership for the next 3 years.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

IMO if you are leasing then AudiCare is a good idea...especially if you are not doing any of the maintenance yourself.

I do some of the basic maintenance myself...oil changes in particular...so for me, AudiCare is a waste of money.

My dealer wants to charge me $108 to do an oil change...I can do it in 30 minutes in my garage instead of the 2 hours+ it would take by going to the dealership (including drive time) and the cost out of pocket for me is 1/2 that. Plus I'm doing UOA each time and, even though that cost's me about $28 including the TBN, I'm still saving money and especially time.

Plus I enjoy changing the oil myself...extra bonus.

Quick Reply: Is prepaid Audicare worth it?