S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

"Primetime Paddles" installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron no worries, i was able to snap back the plastic backplates back onto the paddles just fine. No harm done...

I should've installed these in a better lit area so i could've aligned them properly in the first place..
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
MOAR black!
Just my opinion, but they seem to stand out a lot because of the dark steering wheel. I know the stock ones are silver too but they are a lot smaller, I'm wondering what these in black would look like.
THe aluminum paddles seem to stand out a lot just due to the lighting in the picture since it was uber bright outside today and the sunlight was reflecting off the paddles.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned

they stand out, but they look badass. I've never seen such a cool part created by a forum member. Seriously good stuff.

My friend's B6 is a tip and we traded for a week. I didn't mind the little small paddles for tooling around, but I did find it annoying at times. When we went on a rip in some twisty hilly roads together, he in my car, me in his) I hated them and ended up using the gear shift front/back method instead. These paddles would have been great.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
they stand out, but they look badass. I've never seen such a cool part created by a forum member. Seriously good stuff.

My friend's B6 is a tip and we traded for a week. I didn't mind the little small paddles for tooling around, but I did find it annoying at times. When we went on a rip in some twisty hilly roads together, he in my car, me in his) I hated them and ended up using the gear shift front/back method instead. These paddles would have been great.
Thanks man I appreciate that!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PsYkHoTiK
I think Ron has some that have been anodized in black on the way to some forum members.
I'd like to see that. Even though I'm MT6 I love seeing forum members creating things for the community.

Prime thumb's up on this. I hope you continue to make cool things for our cars. I know I would buy these if I had S-tron.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Ron! These are seriously of impressive quality. If you are considering purchasing a set, do it.

On a side not, I did the same thing with my back plate... oops! No permanent damage though. I am going to have to align the "+" next time I get a chance with some good lighting available.

I will also be putting up some better pictures so you can really see the quality of these pieces.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude

Thanks Ron! These are seriously of impressive quality. If you are considering purchasing a set, do it.

On a side not, I did the same thing with my back plate... oops! No permanent damage though. I am going to have to align the "+" next time I get a chance with some good lighting available.

I will also be putting up some better pictures so you can really see the quality of these pieces.
WOW those look sweet on the A6 with your black paddles... Know wonder you wanted black... Sorry about not labeling them... I have labeled all sets going forward and feel bad about the oversight... Glad you were able to correct them... If you need any additional tape let me know and I will throw some in an envelope and get it out to you... Thanks again! later Ron
Old 08-16-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

No worries. "Labelesness" was not a problem for me. Paddles match up perfectly at the top but I installed the "+" side a little crooked thanks to my tendency of rushing into things.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
No worries. "Labelesness" was not a problem for me. Paddles match up perfectly at the top but I installed the "+" side a little crooked thanks to my tendency of rushing into things.
Gotcha! I am the same way with things... LOL! I shot you a PM on how to remove... Just be patient! Thanks again for the kind words and I look forward to seeing some more pics... later Ron
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow. The black on black paddles really blend well in that pic. Have any other pics with better lighting?

Quick Reply: "Primetime Paddles" installed!