S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Probably not the place, but I trust your advice...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd wait for the R8 man, much more exotic looking than your other 2 choices, and it's not gonna be a dime a dozen where you live, but the 4.2 won't perform like the other 2 beasts, you'll give a little there, i think it's worth it though, good luck man, they're all cars i'd love to own myself
Old 06-08-2011, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love R8s and I do work for Audi. But comparing a 911 turbo... its like comparing Jessica Alba to Kloe Kardashian

Agile, Nimble and athletic to soft, overweight and slow.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carguy19
I love R8s and I do work for Audi. But comparing a 911 turbo... its like comparing Jessica Alba to Kloe Kardashian

Agile, Nimble and athletic to soft, overweight and slow.
gen 1 997 turbo vs. R8 5.2 isn't much difference at all. Terrible for you to not know this considering you're an Audi employee. Turn in your ****ing rings.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/compariso...10_52_fsi.html

Last edited by sakimano; 06-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
gen 1 997 turbo vs. R8 5.2 isn't much difference at all. Terrible for you to not know this considering you're an Audi employee. Turn in your ****ing rings.
That would be true if he was comparing a 10 cyl car. Hes looking at a 4.2 R8

Read the thread before you flap your jaws and make yourself look like a moron like you just did.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have two major concerns:

- Transmission reasons i would say GT-R all day.. because the tip in the porsche is old school. If we were talkin PDK - totally different story.

- However you "can't" mod the GT-R. You can't even do catback exhaust without the warranty going out the window. The porsche can be modded all day long.

Final vote is for Porsche.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

so why 997 turbo and not gt3? about the same price range used, and the GT3 is a much more true track car.

but if it has to be between those two, I'd say 997 Turbo...

though myself i've been throwing around the idea to go oldschool and get a 355 Challenge =)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I dont know if this is what the OP is thinking or not but...

GT3 is a track car that can be driven on the street. The motor is pretty much maxxed out. The car burns through tires and brakes every 7-8000 miles. It rides hard to say the least.

turbo is awd, very nice ride, plenty of upside with mods, and has the potential to be faster in a straight line then a GT3 with minimal mods. It also doesnt have a ***** to the wall suspension thats going to burn thru parts and shake the fillings out of your teeth.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carguy19
That would be true if he was comparing a 10 cyl car. Hes looking at a 4.2 R8

Read the thread before you flap your jaws and make yourself look like a moron like you just did.
lol

First off, he never said R8 4.2.

Second, you said 'the R8'...not 'the R8 4.2' when talking about how 'slow' it is.

Third, he said he's looking at a 2008 997 turbo with low miles. That's a $100,000+ car no matter how you slice it. For a good one with super low miles, probably $115,000 or soCLICK

Fourth, he said the R8 would be $15,000 more and he can't afford it just yet. You can grab a 5.2 R8 for $140,000. CLICK Like this one with 8000 miles in Sepang Blue asking $139k

Finally, you can buy a 4.2 R8 in the high 80s/low 90s. You can get a GREAT one for $100,000. Certainly not $15,000 more than a 997 turbo.

So...since it's clear I've read the thread, and you haven't, now what do you say? Start with sorry. Then slap yourself in the face while looking in the mirror and resigning from Audi. BMW is hiring.

Last edited by sakimano; 06-09-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

1st post by OP---- Well, i've sat back and let you guys have your way (actually, something came up at work thats had me swamped the last coule of days). Anyway, I've thought a lot about it and....

The was I look at it, I might be jumping the gun a little bit. Some circumstances have arisen that I could buy my play car earlier then anticipated. But, someone on here suggested the R8, and that really got me thinking. I love Audi's, I always have. Sure, right now I can't get an R8...but its only about $15,000 off..and I could always find a better deal, you never know. I wasn't planning on getting a fun car right now, and if I sit on the benefits I just got until I was previously planning on making the purchase, then the R8 is deffinitly within my reach.

So, as nice as they both are (and we have all agreed that they are both very, very, VERY nice), I think I want an R8.

2nd post by other person--- i'd wait for the R8 man, much more exotic looking than your other 2 choices, and it's not gonna be a dime a dozen where you live, but the 4.2 won't perform like the other 2 beasts, you'll give a little there, i think it's worth it though, good luck man, they're all cars i'd love to own myself

IF you knew anything about audi you would know that a R8 that's 15K or more off MSRP would be a 8 cyl car in MOST cases if the car has low miles and is a good car with cpo warranty and not a for sale by owner or used car dealer car. The 10s are selling close to sticker used with the 10 cyl motor and cpo. Certainly not 15000 off MOST of the time. I think I can consider myself somewhat of an expert in R8s since I've sold 6 new ones this year and 4 used ones (and about 20 others over the last 4 years)

Maybe you can't read, maybe just plain stupid ... I dont know. Its pretty obvious by the content of the thread that its a 8 cyl car.

It APPEARS that the comparison is between a 8 cyl car based on what the OP and other posters states in the thread not by my opinion. Anyone can go onto autotrader and find the least expensive R8 to try and desperately prove your ignorance wrong.... but facts are facts.

Me personally, I'd take a 997 turbo over a R8 10 cyl anyway because of its potential to mod and its reliability and wow factor. But thats for the OP to decide not you or I.

I don't need to apologize to you or anyone else.... its pretty pathetic that you need to spend the time in your day to try and be an internet tough guy. Especially when your facts are wrong.

Oh and my resigning from Audi... that wouldnt be so smart since I'm in the top 40 salespeople nationally and more then well liked on this message forum by everyone BUT you.

Good luck being an internet troll and tough guy. I won't respond to you again because I won't lower myself to conversate with jackasses.

Last edited by Carguy19; 06-09-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Carguy, you work at Audi of Bernardsville, no? They still have that beautiful Sepang R8 for sale? I was oggling that thing last weekend, made my Daytona paint job seem so blah.

Quick Reply: Probably not the place, but I trust your advice...