S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Probably selling her

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by birdym2003
^Interesting.

I'm sorry you seem to be having so many problems with the car. I'd probably be upset too. But if you have Audi look at it I'm sure they'd have something to say...what were some of the other problems that make you want to sell it?

I have 3,200 miles and no problems. I know others have had no problems. So it sounds like your case is rare but diagnosable.
Audi of America has indeed looked at it. "Works per factory design" was a statement from Audi Technical Field Manager. He's responsible for all the surrounding states (including Texas) so I doubt another Audi dealer would be any better.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I would suggest try driving another 6MT and see if it has the issue your car has.

Bruce
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I would suggest try driving another 6MT and see if it has the issue your car has.

Bruce
Very difficult to find another B8 S4 "6MT" here. Both master tech and the shop foreman of the dealership did notice the vibration but according to Audi TFM it is "normal".
Old 11-19-2010, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FINA4
Audi of America has indeed looked at it. "Works per factory design" was a statement from Audi Technical Field Manager. He's responsible for all the surrounding states (including Texas) so I doubt another Audi dealer would be any better.
Go above the field manager and speak to AofA and speak to the supervisor of customer service. Let them know that you are having this problem and that the field manager is not doing his duty or you think there is something definitely wrong with your vehicle and that the shop foremand and master tech both feel the vibration. Ask them to provide you a company demo, executive car or journalist car for you to try to see if there is the same vibration. If they do then you will know and show the field manager the difference. If not then go above the supervisor and ask for the president of customer service and ask for the same thing, for them to prove to you that there is nothing wrong by letting you drive another car. If they refuse then complain three times about the same problem and see a lawyer about the lemon laws in your state and make them buy it back.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When selling a car talk about the positives not the negatives. Good luck on your sale.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by riegerman
Go above the field manager and speak to AofA and speak to the supervisor of customer service. Let them know that you are having this problem and that the field manager is not doing his duty or you think there is something definitely wrong with your vehicle and that the shop foremand and master tech both feel the vibration. Ask them to provide you a company demo, executive car or journalist car for you to try to see if there is the same vibration. If they do then you will know and show the field manager the difference. If not then go above the supervisor and ask for the president of customer service and ask for the same thing, for them to prove to you that there is nothing wrong by letting you drive another car. If they refuse then complain three times about the same problem and see a lawyer about the lemon laws in your state and make them buy it back.
FINA4; you should do this, and in this exact order.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DLAB
FINA4; you should do this, and in this exact order.
Let's not discount the possibility that the car is working as it's designed and the OP just doesn't like how the car feels, in which case the car is not a lemon and it's just a case of a bad purchase or buyer's remorse.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

AoA has been good to me. I complained about how dissatisfied I was with the plastic water pump and how they are not issuing a recall for all affected vehicles. My dealer replaced it after noticing a small leak and a few weeks later I get a packet in the mail from AoA with a $100 gift certificate on Audi collection of products. Best customer service ever!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Let's not discount the possibility that the car is working as it's designed and the OP just doesn't like how the car feels, in which case the car is not a lemon and it's just a case of a bad purchase or buyer's remorse.
As much as this may be true, he will only find out if his car is a lemon or not only after trying out another car. Should not be that hard for dealer or AofA to provide him another car to test drive to let OP find out if his car is a lemon or just that he isn't happy with the car the way it should be.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by riegerman
As much as this may be true, he will only find out if his car is a lemon or not only after trying out another car. Should not be that hard for dealer or AofA to provide him another car to test drive to let OP find out if his car is a lemon or just that he isn't happy with the car the way it should be.
That is true. A test drive in another car would be a better start than climbing up Audi's chain of command and lawyering up.

Quick Reply: Probably selling her