S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Production ending on 2010 S4s on Monday?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What about European Delivery? Can cars not be ordered for a summer pickup?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sry im new here, but just wondering on the '11 models what is changing, basic facelift i assume, nothing big i hope. I'd hate to order for the early model, when there are usually problems on the first batch.

Thanks
LK
Old 03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Legacykid
Sry im new here, but just wondering on the '11 models what is changing, basic facelift i assume, nothing big i hope. I'd hate to order for the early model, when there are usually problems on the first batch.

Thanks
LK
I'm not sure what you mean by "facelift" but I wouldn't expect anything new cosmetically other than maybe some different color options, maybe different wheels, different interior colors. I think it's highly unlikely there will be actual body changes as 2010 was the first year of the S4. Maybe some tweaks to the MMI and other little things. Doubt it's going to be a much of a difference.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sry didnt mean facelift but the little changes they make from year to year. I know some car companys have to changes things (i.e. fuel pumps) because of problems.

And i have not yet got around to seeing what people say as far as know issues with this car. If you have any links feel free to pm me ( not to high-jack thread)
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 274 Likes on 201 Posts
Default 2011 S4 should have HD radio

2011 S4 should have HD radio,

See link and tuner changes with MMI

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...ility-for-2010

Don
Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The Salesman from MAS told me that he expects the base price to rise 3-4% and that I should not expect delivery before mid-September. He may just be saying that so as to not promise too early of a delivery, and based on what you all have reported of August deliveries, I am okay with risking it. The blk/slvr Alcantara is tempting enough of a reason to wait for the 2011s. I am 100% waiting now. As soon as I put in my 2011 order, I'll let you guys know for sure, and I hope to have an early build/delivery with some new features! I won't get back until July anyhow, and will probably be visiting family/traveling and everything else during the end of July and most of August. I suppose at that point even if it came at the end of August or September, it isn't really much of a wait at all.

Thanks again for the input. I will continue to lurk and learn from all of the threads here and on Audizine. Plenty of mods already in mind, too... I just wish I had kept my BBS RG-Rs from my BMW... damn.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quadro
The Salesman from MAS told me that he expects the base price to rise 3-4%

The blk/slvr Alcantara is tempting enough of a reason to wait for the 2011s. .
Sucks about the 3-4 if true, but is the Leather seats with Alcantara® inserts with Black and Silver Interior alot different from Silk Nappa Leather with Black and Silver Interior..audi.com wont show the first one, and cant find a pic. But the second one looks so hot, but id be afraid to have anyone in my car. If they got some stain on my seat..idk what i would do.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
I'm not sure what you mean by "facelift" but I wouldn't expect anything new cosmetically other than maybe some different color options, maybe different wheels, different interior colors. I think it's highly unlikely there will be actual body changes as 2010 was the first year of the S4. Maybe some tweaks to the MMI and other little things. Doubt it's going to be a much of a difference.
The S4 B8 was available as a 2009 Model in Europe and other locations.

Additionally the B8 A4 has now been out for three years so it is entirely possible that there could be some cosmetic changes, MMI changes, etc.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by canyoncarver
The S4 B8 was available as a 2009 Model in Europe and other locations.

Additionally the B8 A4 has now been out for three years so it is entirely possible that there could be some cosmetic changes, MMI changes, etc.
I give it a 50/50 chance for the new MMI with the nVidia Tegra in it like the A8 has, by 2012, all Audi's will have that though. HD radio is a good bet, as is the silver alcantara which appeared on the NA site yesterday (which has been availible in EU already last year).
Old 03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I contacted two CAs at local dealerships and one told me that they are taking orders for 2010s until the end of the month and the other one told me that they will be taking orders for another 2 months at least.

I wanted delivery of my new car in July, but at this point that month could potentially be a dead month for deliveries as they need a month to transition from 2010s to 2011s.

Quick Reply: Production ending on 2010 S4s on Monday?