S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Put in my deposit! / Black Alcantara Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put in my deposit! / Black Alcantara Question

So I put my deposit in yesterday!

Brilliant Black on Black Alcantara + Premimum + Nav + Bang and Olufsen + Rear Diff + Carbon Fiber.

My question is that no dealers around here seem to have the black alcantara interiors. Long Island dealers have small lots with small inventory, unfortunately.

I was wondering if this pic is an accurate representation of the color and texture of black alcantara?

(pics belong to legbend, hope it's okay i reposted them here)

The black alcantara areas seems a bit...shiny... is that just the angle of the light hitting the material?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The photo looks fairly accurate to me since I have the same interior, although it might be just slightly over exposed (maybe a slightly darker in person). I got some not-so-great photos I can share when I get home.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That photo looks a little on the blue side to me. I have a couple pics in this thread that I think are more accurate - it's actually more of a grey color to my eyes.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2776869
Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

aj25- You've specced out my exact car (except maybe 6mt if you got that)! Anyway, the alcantara is definitely not shiny. It has a fully matt/suede look to it. The pic above is close to how it looks. Here is another with different levels of lighting to show how it compares to the rest of the leather and interior.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by McGriddle
aj25- You've specced out my exact car (except maybe 6mt if you got that)! Anyway, the alcantara is definitely not shiny. It has a fully matt/suede look to it. The pic above is close to how it looks. Here is another with different levels of lighting to show how it compares to the rest of the leather and interior.

Yup, got your exact car, S tronic too. Good taste!

This pic looks more like what I am expecting, although if it lets off a bit of a shine in some lighting conditions that's okay too.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely a bit darker, but I would say still more of a grey than a black for both leather and alcantara. the alacantara is definitely a shade lighter than the surrounding leather.

I like it a lot!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aj25
The black alcantara areas seems a bit...shiny... is that just the angle of the light hitting the material?
I've had my Meteor Gray S4 with black alcantara interior for two months and just looked at it in the garage now. No shine or, at least, very subtle!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I test drove a couple of cars with this interior. It's not shiny; that just must be the flash on the camera. It has a dull or matte finish.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep no shine, it looks this way on film because it has a texture like suede is all.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good and bad... In my previous car, I had memory seats with leather. I didn't appreciate the ability to "slide" into my seat and have the seat adjust itself. I realized it this morning when I jumped into my S4. I didn't slide into the seat. Instead, it was as if I had velcro taped to my behind. While I prefer the leather for getting into the car, this morning's observation tells me the alcantara has better grip for the turns.

Another negative encounter was when I got in my car soon a few nights ago after working out. I think the alcantara's are going to absorb the sweat and smell more than leather.

Quick Reply: Put in my deposit! / Black Alcantara Question