S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Quesiton regarding used awe exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quesiton regarding used awe exhaust?

I have a 2011 s4 with stasis tune and awe intake. Someone is selling a awe exhaust used only 4 months old ...resonated downpipes. I have the s tronic and he want 1600 or so shipped. would this void my warranty and is it simple for any mechanic to install? or should i wait for the new stasis resonated exhaust with the downpipes which just came out and have the dealer install it which would be around 2500 or so
Old 04-29-2011, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

why would an after market exhaust void your warranty?

Bruce
Old 04-29-2011, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is your intake Stasis (aka with warranty)?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rktskicar
why would an after market exhaust void your warranty?

Bruce
Because the common consensus is that the dealer will try their best to say that since you modified the car whatever issues arise were because of it.

I personally haven't dealt with a dealer and a modified car but everyone seems to be paranoid about voiding warranty's due to mod's. In his case an exhaust upgrade could be grounds for them to say any engine issues that arise after his upgrade were caused by the upgrade. Just speculation here but I think that's what he means when he says "voiding warranty", not the entire warranty just things that they can say were caused by him changing his exhaust.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

if you dont take the AWE let me know who is selling
Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
Just speculation here but I think that's what he means when he says "voiding warranty", not the entire warranty just things that they can say were caused by him changing his exhaust.
What problems can be caused by changing an exhaust?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by clochner
What problems can be caused by changing an exhaust?
None specifically that I know of. But if something does happen to his engine(not because of the exhaust) I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer tries to say its not covered because the after market exhaust.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

None specifically that I know of. But if something does happen to his engine(not because of the exhaust) I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer tries to say its not covered because the after market exhaust.
Burden of proof would be on the dealership to prove that "X" modification caused "X" problem.

These exhausts dont even mess with the emissions system on these cars; they're very non-invasive in that sense. They don't touch the cats at all.

OP: no, the exhaust won't void your car's warranty.

Obviously if the exhaust itself starts rusting out of corroding or what have you, it won't be an issue you can take up with Audi. And likely not even with AWE, since usually warranties apply only to the original owner but it's something you may want to check with the seller or with AWE directly.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The dealer is trying to retain your business not chase you away. Why would the exhaust cause any issues? It has been my experience the dealer/service department will do what they can to have all repairs pushed through and paid by Audi not their valuable customer.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Because the common consensus is that the dealer will try their best to say that since you modified the car whatever issues arise were because of it.

I personally haven't dealt with a dealer and a modified car but everyone seems to be paranoid about voiding warranty's due to mod's. In his case an exhaust upgrade could be grounds for them to say any engine issues that arise after his upgrade were caused by the upgrade. Just speculation here but I think that's what he means when he says "voiding warranty", not the entire warranty just things that they can say were caused by him changing his exhaust.
Find a new dealer if that is how they treat you... Also, my exhaust had holes rusted in it within the first few months so I had no choice but to replace it! J/K of course but I think you get the point... LOL

Quick Reply: Quesiton regarding used awe exhaust?