S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Question about 2012 model s4... and seats...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 PM
riu
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 2012 model s4... and seats...

As I wrote in my last post I am interested in a s4 and looking to buy. The dealer said that in order to get the car i want id have to wait 3 months for it because it would have to be ordered. Another dealer said that if I am going to wait 3 months i might as well just wait for the 2012 cause they will be in showrooms in 4 months.... Is this true? I kinda wanna change the exact seats I like so I can get a car sooner.

I was wanting the leather red and black seats. Is the leather worth while? I have heard from some people that they like the other seats better. I am only looking at getting a Black or White car. What seat combo is nice with that? I have a feeling if i got the black/white combo in seats, the white would get dirty.

I have a family member said that the black/red looks great now but in 6-8 years when I want to sell the car it will be a lot harder to sell. When this look is the "old" look, it wont be that nice of a combo and something like all black will be the way to go.

I know i have a lot of questions but I just wanna know what the general thoughts are of others who own this car are. thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 PM
riu
AudiWorld Member

The dealer near me has a black car with the full black seats (suede).... am i going to hate those seats or in the hot weather in Florida and I going to like it better?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the car you want is not on the lot or can't be dealer traded, you probably would be better off with a 2012 model. There have been reports of longer than average(3 months) deliver times recently due to a shortage of engines and titanium package parts. The magma(red) black 2 tone nappa seats look really good with both the black and white exteriors. Additionally(with magma), you get red stitching on the steering wheel and shift boot. All other interiors get a silver/white stitching. I have the nappa leather and love it. Many prefer the Alcantara seats. Its a matter of personal preference. IMHO, both are great. IMHO, unless you get the color combo you want, you probably will never really be happy with the car. To me, color is very important.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by riu
The dealer near me has a black car with the full black seats (suede).... am i going to hate those seats or in the hot weather in Florida and I going to like it better?
S4s don't have suede seats. The seats you are talking about are made of a synthetic material called alcantara. Much better suited for use on seats than suede. (I had a Pontiac 6000 STE that had actual Suede seats). I don't think that black seats will be any hotter than red seats . Alcantara will definitely be cooler in summer than leather seats .
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by riu
I have the alcantara in FL. It's definitely cooler than just leather.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riu
I live in Florida and have the black silk nappa. No problems here. Tinted windows (15%) help bigtime.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 PM
riu
AudiWorld Member

Guys in FLorida... what dealer did you use and what was your experaince so far with them?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As a guy who impulsed bought an S4 (albeit a loaded one) off the showroom floor.... you'll spend most of your time enjoying the car and only a fraction wondering what color combo, accessory option or package you coulda/shoulda/woulda bought instead.

Pick what you like... don't over think it. You really can't go wrong! (I love my alcantara but seriously, if I had the leather I wouldn't complain either)
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
As a guy who impulsed bought an S4 (albeit a loaded one) off the showroom floor.... you'll spend most of your time enjoying the car and only a fraction wondering what color combo, accessory option or package you coulda/shoulda/woulda bought instead.

Pick what you like... don't over think it. You really can't go wrong! (I love my alcantara but seriously, if I had the leather I wouldn't complain either)
I agree, pick what you like and enjoy the car. I went with red/black with my black car and no regrets at all till today. I spend most of my time just enjoying the drive.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by riu
Guys in FLorida... what dealer did you use and what was your experaince so far with them?
audi melbourne... awesome dealer experience.. best prices out there...

Quick Reply: Question about 2012 model s4... and seats...