S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Question for the key memory thing. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the key memory thing. Please help.

Ok my car just hit the 1500 miles mark> I drive it the most, but when my girlfriend wants to drive it the seats, mirrors and just about every option i put for myself, she changes it for her. It is very annoying to put everything back into to my position. So, I was wondering even though i dont have the comfort access settings but i do have two keys. Does 1 key save settings for each driver?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tg912
Ok my car just hit the 1500 miles mark> I drive it the most, but when my girlfriend wants to drive it the seats, mirrors and just about every option i put for myself, she changes it for her. It is very annoying to put everything back into to my position. So, I was wondering even though i dont have the comfort access settings but i do have two keys. Does 1 key save settings for each driver?
The keys remember the settings PER key. Locking the car with one key, makes that key remember the settings. Unlocking it with that key restores settings that were stored when that key locked the car. If she uses your key it will do this. Give her the spare.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
The keys remember the settings PER key. Locking the car with one key, makes that key remember the settings. Unlocking it with that key restores settings that were stored when that key locked the car. If she uses your key it will do this. Give her the spare.
Ok i got the spare key she set her settings, but it doesent register them for each key.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I presume you have the Prestige pkg with the memory settings. For the key to remember the settings it has to be in the ignition when you press "1" and the Set button. Put the other key in the ignition, adjust mirrors, seats for and press "2" and Set.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quattro.it
I presume you have the Prestige pkg with the memory settings. For the key to remember the settings it has to be in the ignition when you press "1" and the Set button. Put the other key in the ignition, adjust mirrors, seats for and press "2" and Set.
This is incorrect. The memory buttons and the keys have nothing to do with each other. You must turn on key memory in the MMI. When you lock the car with a key, it remembers those setting and returns them the next time the car is unlocked with that key. The explanation is in the owner's manual.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What AIA4 said: you have to enable this via the MMI. Also, you need to be sure you lock the car after each use for the key to remember the settings. If your car is always unlocked in a private garage, for example, this feature doesn't work very well.

The BMW system is better, the door doesn't have to be locked. Whenever you open the door with your key in your pocket, the settings all adjust (no locking/unlocking required)
Old 04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AlA4
This is incorrect. The memory buttons and the keys have nothing to do with each other. You must turn on key memory in the MMI. When you lock the car with a key, it remembers those setting and returns them the next time the car is unlocked with that key. The explanation is in the owner's manual.
My bad... A1A4 is correct.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK...so, what are the memory buttons on the door for? If you the car/key fob remembers your last setting (after this function is turned on vis MMI) then what's left for the memory buttons to do?

Do the memory buttons remember favorite radio stations, climate settings, mirror settings, etc etc?

Thanks guy...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know the keys remember climate/mirror/seat settings.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Shadow..

Quick Reply: Question for the key memory thing. Please help.