S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Question for the key memory thing. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Avant_to_remember
NWS4Guy,
Thanks, that helps a lot; but I am still unclear on a couple of things. Does the car restore my settings when I unlock the car, when I start the engine, or ?
So far I haven't been able to confirm that car sets itself on unlocking after turning on the setting for key memory in the MMI.
Also, the manual says the seat, the steering wheel, side mirrors, individual drive select settings, and radio preferences are all stored in the key. I suppose the seat memory buttons don't store all those? And can the car really adjust the steering wheel position? The manual latch mechanism under the steering column doesn't seem to be something the car could open and close again by itself.
It seems the manual leaves something to be desired, the steering position is manual, and last I checked Prestige doesn't come with a robot that hide in the glove box and pops out to change this for you

The memory buttons should do the same thing the key fob does. the Key should set things into motion when you hit the unlock button. You can test this easily by setting things like you like them, hit lock to store, then use the spare key to unlock the car and mess with the seats and mirrors (I don't think it will remember ADS settings, those are locked to return to Auto always due to EPA issues unless you hack it with VCDS). Once you have it changed, use your key to unlock and everything should be set in motion.

P+ doesn't have the smart key sorry.