S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Rear diff light came on. Dealer Friday.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alas, I wish that was the response I got. Instead they said they needed to replace the rear diff. motor and the part is on back order from Germany.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tough Luck
Alas, I wish that was the response I got. Instead they said they needed to replace the rear diff. motor and the part is on back order from Germany.

Wow sorry to hear
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Good news for me. Just received a call from the dealer and they switched out my sports/rear diff. with a new car, so I don't have to wait until the part comes in from back order. Get to pick up the car today.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, very nice! Great dealer you got there.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good news for me. Just received a call from the dealer and they switched out my sports/rear diff. with a new car, so I don't have to wait until the part comes in from back order. Get to pick up the car today.
Great news! IMO this is how they should do things, get the already paid customers back in service fast. So they don't move a car off the lot (potentiallY0 due to it not being drivable? Better to take care of the customers you HAVE than spurn then for customers who don't yet exist.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's great to hear! Kudos to the dealership for getting you back on the road quickly.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

that's scary. Especially with the way some "non-technical" persons download or accumulate malware on their own computers.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

+1
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

UPDATE;

Brought to dealer today. Light stayed on for over a week by the way.

Dealer reset it manually and said just drive it and ignore the light if it comes on again:

AUDI OF AMERICA SAID:

There is a new software fix coming... in MAY!

Until then, it's just drive and hope that nothing major happens.

My first Audi and the honeymoon's over at 3000 miles...
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Great news! IMO this is how they should do things, get the already paid customers back in service fast. So they don't move a car off the lot (potentiallY0 due to it not being drivable? Better to take care of the customers you HAVE than spurn then for customers who don't yet exist.
I've actually got mixed feelings about this practice - especially for something as major as a differential on a car as rare as an S4.

If, last fall, the my dealer had "my car" on the lot - I'd be very PO'd right now if I learned that they actually took a perfectly fine component off my car and replaced it prior to my purchase. Now, if they disclosed this prior to me buying - that's different, but if they sell it as "new from the factory" that's not true.

Quick Reply: Rear diff light came on. Dealer Friday.