S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Rear view camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
However, if it was undisclosed at the time of purchase, thats a different story.
This is where I am, and i have the emails to the dealer to prove it post delivery.

I am currenly arguing with Audi, and I am getting nowhere with AOA C/S. Audi dropped the ball on this and should have rolled out a better system of ensuring customers were PROPERLY informed prior to delivery. My argument with them is that I picked a car off their lot because of a particular configuration, backup camera being one, and it was not delivered and was not explained until a week after I took the car home.

In my dealings with AoA I am less than impressed. Have had much better service with BMWNA on my previous cars. Customer Service and Dealerships continue to be the achilles heel of Audi - not impressed AT ALL.

I will be getting a lawyer involved at this point, I am sick of dealing with them.

For those of you on Audi's side on this one, I work for a company that works in the supply chain - when a customer pays for something you owe them what they paid for or their money back. There is no middle ground, aside from theft.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josh Prieur
This is where I am, and i have the emails to the dealer to prove it post delivery.

I am currenly arguing with Audi, and I am getting nowhere with AOA C/S.

For those of you on Audi's side on this one, I work for a company that works in the supply chain - when a customer pays for something you owe them what they paid for or their money back. There is no middle ground, aside from theft.
I'm not sure of the position you are taking, as I had no trouble in getting Audi to defer payment of the MSRP for the backup camera until such time as it was working properly.

If AoA will not accede to that request, this is one thing. If you want all of your money back, that is another.

Perhaps in this thing (as in most) there is a middle ground.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am currenly arguing with Audi, and I am getting nowhere with AOA C/S. Audi dropped the ball on this and should have rolled out a better system of ensuring customers were PROPERLY informed prior to delivery. My argument with them is that I picked a car off their lot because of a particular configuration, backup camera being one, and it was not delivered and was not explained until a week after I took the car home.

In my dealings with AoA I am less than impressed. Have had much better service with BMWNA on my previous cars. Customer Service and Dealerships continue to be the achilles heel of Audi - not impressed AT ALL.

I will be getting a lawyer involved at this point, I am sick of dealing with them.

Agree with above. Took delivery on 2011 S4 Prestige package which I had ordered and verbally pre-negotiated a purchase price, only to find the camera not working/ missing after I had brought her home(very shady)! This camera issue was not disclosed to me at any point in time during the order or purchase transaction. No recourse through the dealership, AofA CS also will not intervene. It is a fraudulent practice to charge for something and not deliver it, especially when I did not find out until after I had driven the car home! I had switched over from BMW, and can concur that Audi dealerships and customer service cannot hold a candle to my BMW dealership and experience... Love my S4 though will likely return to the dark side b/c of how Audi handled this issue so poorly
Old 09-04-2011, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
^ this is not true.
The phone call I got from Johann de Nysschen a month ago, and the $850 rebate check I got from my dealer disagree with you...
Old 09-04-2011, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was aware of the delay when I ordered the car. Understandingly because of the trouble in Japan making availability of the camera chip impossible. I can't fault Audi. However the fact they don't have any back ups as of yet is surprising. In the Pharmaceutical business I am in all of our customers exercise risk assesment and use our competitors as a backup.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just an FYI, as an Audi ABS we were informed months ago that there would be no backup cameras for many months. The cameras they had would be used on A8/A7/A6 builds with none at all on any A/S4-A/S5-Q5-Q7. Audi-US released the ordering information very late as they were adjusting the package price. EVERY 2012 A4/5-Q5/7 we have received has has CAMERA PREP, it's no secret and the package prices and content was adjusted from the 2011 pricing.

We have informed customers form the first 2012 order as to the situation and it is our understanding that the camera will be available for a flat rate installation dictated by AOA as soon as the supply is sufficient.

I understand Infinti is not expected to supply any cameras for the 12 model year?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

...lol Thanks for the laugh - I wish you and your lawyer all of the luck in the world. I am sure the cost and time is totally worth it. Also best of luck with your next BMW as I am sure you will find some issue to employ your lawyer with on that car as well =) Have to feel bad for both brands...

Old 09-05-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by giovanni0330
...lol Thanks for the laugh - I wish you and your lawyer all of the luck in the world. I am sure the cost and time is totally worth it. Also best of luck with your next BMW as I am sure you will find some issue to employ your lawyer with on that car as well =) Have to feel bad for both brands...
Thanks giovanni. Just FYI - lawyer is close personal friend, consumer protection type as well, and cost and time to me is zero. He is a car, so he is more than happy to help.

Also, knock BMW customer service all you want. While all I can go in is personal experience, which is all that matters to me at this point, BMW has performed extremely well on both my previous cars. Car 1 I was complaining about a noise from the sunroof on a forum and within a week I had a call from BMWNA to see if my problem had been resolved or if I needed further assistance (yes they were monitoring the boards). Car 2 had the dreaded HPFP issue, but while my car was only down 6 days and I was given the same type car as a loaner, they paid my note for the entire month and detailed the car.

Again, I am not going after Audi for the supply chain issue, nearly the fraudelent manner in which they were selling the 2011 models with the missing module. I remember asking the dealer did I have to get navigation to get the camera - this is why I paid the 2k premium over the other avant on the lot.

While I understand most on this board are extremely loyal to Audi, HOLD THEM to the standard they DESERVE to be held to. Differentiate the dealers from local domestics, and I am sorry but that means more than just a pretty metal/glass facade and fancy coffee bar!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are people like you in every walk of life that will act on pettiness. You are one of the reasons why costs go up for everyone. You will get your dear back-up camera but you have to wait for the chip. You can put a lot of time and effort into looking like an *** over a small issue but that will not change the issue - only make another situation where company's increase costs to deal with people like you.

If you think your plight is going to change things then you are more disturbed than you appear.

BMW might have provided fine service in two situations but there are just as many challenges their dealers and company have but you are really only concerned about yourself not the big picture so in your eyes you lack the oversight to see that no company is immune to the issues going on.

I bet when BMW sees you coming they are just as apprehensive as Audi will be as no matter where you go you carry your personality and code of conduct with you and my guess is you are "tolerated" becasue you have to be =)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Giovanni, you are not even worth arguing with. Please continue your passé attitude, but people come here for support, thus the moniker 'support forum'. If you wish to belittle people and what they perceive to be issues, keep it to yourself please.

Cost don't go up because of people like me, I do supply chain management for a living for a company that has grown 30% year over year and we have not gotten there by misrepresenting what we sell - I don't care if we are talking several hundred or several millions.

I work very hard for my money and don't appreciate or tolerate fraudulence. I don't tolerate it at work and I have gotten to where I am in life because of this attitude, among many others where I walk the straight moral line.

So take your better than thou, judgmental attitude and shove it up your tailpipe.

Cheers!