S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Recommendations please - What to do and where to do it

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations please - What to do and where to do it

Hi all,

First off, apologies if the information I'm looking for is in another post. I've done some searching around and haven't found it, but if I'm missing something please just point me in the right direction.

I picked up my S4 yesterday. I'm looking to get a clear bra and window tint, plus any other highly recommended similar items (paint protection? Leather protection?).

I would appreciate suggestions as to brand or type for the bra and tint (I've heard Avery Dennison Nano Fusion is very good for the bra) and suggestions for whether or not the other items are a good value.

Also, if anyone has suggestions for where to get this work done in the Conejo Valley/San Fernando Valley/Malibu area, I would appreciate it. Santa Monica is doable, but much more difficult.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got a great clearbra/tint guy whom works out of Oxnard. He did 2 cars for me and came out great. PM me if you want his info.

For a new car, i highly recommend you clay bar and paint sealant afterwords (synthetic wax). If you're too lazy to do this yourself and want a high end detailing shop to do it, i took mine here in Agoura Hills:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=detail

I got the "New Vehicle Complete Protection Package"
"
http://www.lavaggio.net/services.html
Old 03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skiracerblah
I got a great clearbra/tint guy whom works out of Oxnard. He did 2 cars for me and came out great. PM me if you want his info.

For a new car, i highly recommend you clay bar and paint sealant afterwords (synthetic wax). If you're too lazy to do this yourself and want a high end detailing shop to do it, i took mine here in Agoura Hills:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=detail

I got the "New Vehicle Complete Protection Package"
"
http://www.lavaggio.net/services.html
Thanks! I just made an appointment for the New Vehicle Complete Protection Package for tomorrow. They knocked off $50 to boot.

Next for the clearbra....
Old 03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MXFlash
Thanks! I just made an appointment for the New Vehicle Complete Protection Package for tomorrow. They knocked off $50 to boot.

Next for the clearbra....
You might want to hold off on the detailing for now. When they apply clear bra, they spray alcohol on the paint to clean off any wax to prep it. Clear bra takes at least 1 week to fully dry. I personally wait 2 weeks since my car sits in an underground garage most of the time, but my clear bra guy says 1 week.So, you might want to reschedule Lavaggio until your clear bra is fully dried. Oh, Lavaggio will give you catered food for free so bring your appetite there. Oh, remind Lavaggio not to use the clay bar on the clear bra since the clay could damage the bra.

If Oxnard is too far for clear bra, you can go to these guys in Sherman Oaks: http://www.stickercity.com/

They actually sell pre-cut clear bra kits to a lot of independent clear bra installers.

Last edited by skiracerblah; 03-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Avery Nano Fusion on my S4. The stuff is great. Perfectly clear, no texture, and doesn't scratch at all. I'd definitely go for that if you can. It also has a lifetime warranty.

Also, don't worry about putting of the detailing. I had Zaino put on mine the same weekend my clearbra went on, as the clearbra installer and detailer are in the same complex as each other and it was convenient. A good detailer can work around the clearbra.

Last edited by helix139; 03-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
I've got the Avery Nano Fusion on my S4. The stuff is great. Perfectly clear, no texture, and doesn't scratch at all. I'd definitely go for that if you can. It also has a lifetime warranty .
I'd like that. As yet, I haven't found someone who sells it in the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did you ever make it to Lavaggio? They said they did about 5 Audi's last week, but can't recall if one was an S4. I'm at Lavaggio right now.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skiracerblah
Did you ever make it to Lavaggio? They said they did about 5 Audi's last week, but can't recall if one was an S4. I'm at Lavaggio right now.
I decided to wait for the clearbra. I found a place that will do nano fusion and I'm trying to schedule an appointment.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got the Avery Dennison Nano fusion put on by Star Shield Armor. They are in OC but mobile, the guy came to my house. http://www.starshieldarmor.com/

Got this package: Hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper, door edge cup guards, rear bumper, cab top and door pillars

for $725. They did a very nice job. It's only been a day, so I can't say how it will hold up, but it looks nice now.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice sounds like you got the "full coverage" i had Starshield Armor come to my home before on a car from about 4 years ago. Now you just have to refrain from washing the car for at least a week and let the car sit in the sun if you can to let the bra dry.

Quick Reply: Recommendations please - What to do and where to do it