S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

As requested....lots of pics of the new toy....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan1524
^^ What's the curb has ever done to you? LOL.
Actually, put it there on purpose, since I had planned on shooting both sized of the car and I didn't want the curb blocking the wheels on the passenger size. The pics I shot of the passenger side, though, came out cruddy anyway.

My street is dead quiet....one car every 10- minutes would be a lot. Not much of an issue with disrupting the flow of traffic.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilH
mmmm...Meteor looks so tasty. Makes me anticipate mine even more. Unless my monitor is off, you really can see some green or blue in it. Greats shots.
Yeah, these photos are taken in a quite a beautiful neighborhood, which - of course - has lots of green in the grass & trees. Heck, even the shutters on the house he's parked in front of (WatchNut's?) are painted green, so it may affect the photos in their processing, the reflections on the car, or in the viewing on your monitor.

My own Meteor Gray S4 sometimes has a hint of green or blue, but the predominant appearance to my eye is a color which is a dark, rich looking, and gray.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
Now, here's the Top 10 cautions when driving an S4 (from a 3 month plus owner of a similarly equipped S4).

1. Avoid curbs.
2. Careful parking in your garage (esp. if you have one of those two door garages). Most importantly, make sure your wheels are straight before entering!
3. Gas mileage will s*ck, esp. early on.
4. Your car is faster than most other sports sedans. But, your car is not as fast as *some* sport cars (Dodge Viper, ZR-1 Vette, etc.) I'm trying to help you avoid embarrassment here...
5. Did I tell you about avoiding curbs?
6. Clean the exhaust pipes early and often, before stuff cakes on.
7. People will feel the need to comment on your new ride. I get uncomfortable with too much praise, so I typically respond, "Ah shucks, it gets me from point A to point B......quickly."
8. Use - at least - 91 Octane. If you can, use 93!
9. The curbs. Watch those curbs!
10. For the first 600 miles: "Don't drive faster than 3/4 of the top speed marked on the speedometer." (p. 228 of the Owner's Manual) ***Now, that's 150 mph on the 200 mph speedo. I know this will be a tough one for you - keeping it under 150 mph - but hang in there buddy!
Thanks so much for all the great advice, Rick. Especially on that curb thing. I'll also do my best to keep it under 150 mph.
;-)
Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's too bad that audi's front plate cover peice doesn't have as nice a finish as the one without. looks duller and no chrome strips. I live in a province that doesn't require a front plate and am very happy about it. Couldn't amagine how badly it would ruin the appearance on a sportier car with a more pointed front end (ferrari etc) think I would be tempted to pay the odd fine. lol. Like the color
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats! Just got mine so that advice that was given to you will come in handy for me too! I keep telling people I needed a 4 door. Looks good Meteor Gray color, nice and stealth. Can't wait to open it up. Any suggestions on what mileage we can start to be more aggressive? Oh and I agree that the gas mileage does suck early on, but so did my 135i.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mitche2010s4
It's too bad that audi's front plate cover peice doesn't have as nice a finish as the one without. looks duller and no chrome strips. I live in a province that doesn't require a front plate and am very happy about it. Couldn't amagine how badly it would ruin the appearance on a sportier car with a more pointed front end (ferrari etc) think I would be tempted to pay the odd fine. lol. Like the color
Not to mention it blocks airflow from hitting the intercooling radiator - might have an impact on charged air temps that you could detect.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Beautiful car! May it give you many years of enjoyment.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Not to mention it blocks airflow from hitting the intercooling radiator - might have an impact on charged air temps that you could detect.
My car still on the boat somewhere in the atlantic but removing the plate filler is on my list when she arrives .
Actually, yesterday, I stop by to Audi parts to ask what I can get .
look like, they have 3 model avalaible : glossy black ,gray or black mat ,all with the chrome strip .
My car is quartz gray ,I think I will go for the black mat color .
An S5 same color with black mat filler plate was there and I like it .I need to see the glossy one though .