S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 Black Grill Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 Black Grill Help!

So my dealer found me the exact S4 I want its on a boat which should have recently arrived in the port of Long Beach and I should have it by 10/25. Anyone else in LA have a S4 on this boat?.... Anyways when I get the car, one of the first things I am going to do (besides tint) is to make the grill black. I have searched relentlessly here and can't really get the info I need. First, is it possible to make the grill black by the same method you would powder coat rims (which I am also doing)?? If I can't do the former, then I will buy a grill, what are the best places to get a black grill? My car is brilliant black I think I want a gloss black grill and filler plate... not sure if I really like satin black, opinions? Would love to see some pictures from people who have done this. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

There is a glossy black grille, with chrome surround available for the A4. ECStuning has it. You would need to add the S4 emblem. I am not sure about fitment, but it should work. See link here;

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4-...ille/ES451520/
Old 10-17-2010, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mm91
... when I get the car, one of the first things I am going to do (besides tint) is to make the grill black. I have searched relentlessly here and can't really get the info I need. First, is it possible to make the grill black by the same method you would powder coat rims (which I am also doing)?? If I can't do the former, then I will buy a grill, what are the best places to get a black grill? My car is brilliant black I think I want a gloss black grill and filler plate... not sure if I really like satin black, opinions? Would love to see some pictures from people who have done this. Thanks!
Gratz on grabbing the car you wanted - beats waiting the 3 mths I waited. Here are the S4 grills both in Black Grill/Chrome Surround & Black Grill/Black Surround:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...r/Body/Grille/

BTW, I have a BB A4 and went w/ the Black w/ Chrome Surround - gonna get some black fog light surrounds and do the install. I've seen some pics of BB cars with the Black grill - IMO, it looks awesome.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

So my dealer found me the exact S4 I want its on a boat which should have recently arrived in the port of Long Beach and I should have it by 10/25. Anyone else in LA have a S4 on this boat?.... Anyways when I get the car, one of the first things I am going to do (besides tint) is to make the grill black. I have searched relentlessly here and can't really get the info I need. First, is it possible to make the grill black by the same method you would powder coat rims (which I am also doing)?? If I can't do the former, then I will buy a grill, what are the best places to get a black grill? My car is brilliant black I think I want a gloss black grill and filler plate... not sure if I really like satin black, opinions? Would love to see some pictures from people who have done this. Thanks!
It's going to be at your dealer by the 25th? Hmmm I'm in SoCal as well but my dealer said it will be ready on 11/3. I would think the cars would be on the same boat since the date is so close to one another.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by planbs4
It's going to be at your dealer by the 25th? Hmmm I'm in SoCal as well but my dealer said it will be ready on 11/3. I would think the cars would be on the same boat since the date is so close to one another.
Thats interesting... I'll have to call my dealer tomorrow and ask again but thats what they told me a couple days ago. The wait is killing me I can't wait to get my car! Do you know the name of the ship the cars came in on??
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Most Audis arrive in California through the Port of San Diego. You can search for ships arriving in port here.

http://www.portofsd.com/audi_start.htm

You need your dealer number to look up the status of your car, when it arrives at the dock. The dealer number can be found on the Monroney sticker of cars on the dealer's lot.

Here is the western dealer directory, which includes the dealers numbers.

http://asset2.cars.audiusa.com/deale...DD_Western.pdf

Like this;

Circle Audi
(422A03)
Old 10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Once you pick your grille, the install isn't that bad. Scarier than it looks!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Doc, you do that yourself??
Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh wow that does look scary haha... I think I'm going to need some help from my mechanic friend to do that to my new baby.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You won't be able to powder coat the grille as the entire grille (including the chrome surround part) is plastic. You can paint it however or like most people just go with a black optics grille. Painting wouldn't be too difficult either if you want to save about $600.00. Let me know if you need help removing the front grille.

Quick Reply: S4 Black Grill Help!