S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 build date moved back- what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 build date moved back- what would you do?

We ordered an S4 Dec.28, SA said we would see the car the end of April, Today he gave us a build date of May 23. Should we wait for the car or wait for a 2012 or try and buy one from another dealer? Our Son works in DC area, or we could check dealers in Colorado,Washington, Oregon. We will order one so we can get it the way we want. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks for your input
Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you cannot find the exact car you want at a dealer, I'd wait. To me....it was worth the wait to get the car optioned exactly as I wanted it.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi factories are shut down from just before Christmas through New Years (I think they went back to work on 7 Jan).. So I would expect a normal build to be assigned right about now, with a VIN following in another 7-10 days.

Looks to me like your Audi dealer doesn't have an allocation because typical delivery is right at 3 months from order to delivery - maybe up to 14 weeks, but that would be the max.

A build date of 23 May is ridiculous and is just a guess on their part.. Audi is not even close to being able to give build dates that far out. I got my build date about a week before the car went into production. I would canx the order and go through another dealer. You wouldn't see the car until early July.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskymt
We ordered an S4 Dec.28, SA said we would see the car the end of April, Today he gave us a build date of May 23. Should we wait for the car or wait for a 2012 or try and buy one from another dealer? Our Son works in DC area, or we could check dealers in Colorado,Washington, Oregon. We will order one so we can get it the way we want. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks for your input

well the problem is the order date is irreleveant - its the actual allocation date and often times there is quite a bit of difference - up to a month. I had to wait 17 days for my actual allocation date (17 days after my order date). It kinda makes the order date totally moot. Sounds like you just got allocated but I could be wrong. Your commission # would reveal that

In any case, May 23 is quite a long time to wait for a car to begin being built. That means it will be July before you have your car. That's ridiculous. Something doesnt sound right. Its not like you are ordering an an R8. If it were me I would get on tHe phone with AoA and see if they can locate a car for you at the same price or you will rescind the sale. Let AoA do some work for you

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 02-01-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go to different dealer. It makes a lot more sense driving extra miles to get the car sooner rather than wait a month or 2 longer to get it at the dealer closest to you.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

the SA give me acommission of g15958, I fell like getting the round around.
The GM said the first of January that he had changed the build on a car he had comming! Now this!!
I'm not happy
Old 02-01-2011, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

if they are correct on the next build/allocation dates, and unless i could find a car optioned the way i want it in the next month or so, i would wait until the 2012 model year. But remember- that's what i would do. Your patience can only be measured by you.

To me, it sounds like the dealer traded your allocation slot with another dealer. I'd investigate this illogical delay with AoA.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Guys...

Look at my post over on AZ... I just got told today that an S4 that I ordered on Oct 2nd, won't be built until mid-March with an early-June delivery. If Audi can't do any better than this, then they will never acheive the market penetration they are hoping for here in the states!

I can't decide what to do... I am very excited about the S4, but a 9 month wait is effing ridiculous! I am SICK over this!

Mike
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael S.
Hey Guys...

Look at my post over on AZ... I just got told today that an S4 that I ordered on Oct 2nd, won't be built until mid-March with an early-June delivery. If Audi can't do any better than this, then they will never acheive the market penetration they are hoping for here in the states!

I can't decide what to do... I am very excited about the S4, but a 9 month wait is effing ridiculous! I am SICK over this!

Mike
Even if they start mid march, it doesnt take 3 months to build a car. We would all be screwed if it took that long. About 6 weeks from when they start building the car. But NFW will it take almost 3 months. By early may you will likely have it if they begin in mid march but its still quite along time from the order date so i would be pretty upset too

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 02-01-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I placed my order in the middle of December and the SA said it would arrive at the end of February. This date was pushed back to the end of March. According to my SA the car was scheduled to be built the week before last. My S4 is getting on the boat Feb 15th...

If you go into your dealer the SA should be able to bring up your car on their computer. Mine showed me the build date and shipping date. I was only missing the VIN..

Last edited by TO407S4; 02-02-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: S4 build date moved back- what would you do?