S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 Grill - Dont Like it

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
How about this? I have always hated the Large Mouth bass look. So I went with a pseudo B6 look. Some wont' like it , but the black(gloss or matte) is also an improvement.
Well, I will be ordering my S4 in red exterior but I have thought about painting the grill glossy black. Looks like you did yours in red. But I suspect the remaining part of your grill is still gray, right?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
The ti pkg includes a suspension change of some type? News to me.
well, That's what I understand from this description. Maybe I am just reading into it:

"19" Titanium Sport Package [Premium Plus]
Inspired by the Audi motorsport legacy, this package includes a number of aesthetic and performance enhancements. Exterior elements include black window trim, titanium-finish wheels and the iconic black Singleframe® grille. Inside, the Titanium Sport Package carries through the performance-look with a black headliner and supportive sport seats. The enhanced handling performance comes from the sport suspension that gives your Audi a low, assertive stance"
Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 270 Likes on 198 Posts

I think the Titanium Package description is Audi generic. In the case of the A3 or A4, it might include suspension changes, but not in the S4.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP, I agree. That's why I ordered the black/chrome grill from ECS Tuning. Black cars should have Black grills.

heh, on the second one they are basically urging A4 owners to make their cars into pseudo-S4s (although they screw up and say "B8" instead of "A44".
They're only doing that because the grill fits both cars since the grill (and the car) is the same.

Hey OP, you may not like it (I do, actually) but at least it ain't an Acura TL!

Butt Ugly!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foodplz
I mean... everybody has their cup of tea. Your opinion is as good as anybody elses.

But I'm not sure that the S4 was supposed to be "bad ***"... maybe more like a classy sports sedan. Maybe an understated bad *** at best.

I actually think the blacked out look is kinda cheap and juvenile. Maybe its just cuz I'm a tad older.... but i never quite followed the whole black rims/black everything fad. I remember seeing blacked out rides on MTV and hip-hop music videos and thinking it looked ghetto.
I'm with you. The "murdered out" look (all black) is too juvenile for m tastes. I like the chrome accent on the grill -- it's subtle, not audacious.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
So you can imagine how I feel going to a gray look.
Actually I don't think I'm a delicate enough flower to feel the aching existential angst that you must be experiencing.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
I'm with you. The "murdered out" look (all black) is too juvenile for m tastes. I like the chrome accent on the grill -- it's subtle, not audacious.
Concur
Old 11-22-2010, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
The outer chrome with shiny black IMO is the best. Then outer chrome with black matt finish is 2cnd. Seems that if I want a black grill of some sort, I may have to sacrfice the chrome part of the grill, unless I just take the grill it comes with and get it painted black (shiny or matt finish)
I think shiny or matte black with the chrome trim left as is would be nice too. I'm also not really into the fully blacked out grilles. The perfect combo, to me, would be to black out the gray parts of the grille and rear valence while leaving the chrome grille trim and chrome rear valence blade untouched. The S4 is about luxury and sport, so blacking everything out seems kind of off to me.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think Ice Silver with titanium package would look killer. It hides the mirrors so it looks like an A4, but most A4's won't have the Ti package. People will look at and be confused, especially after the v6T badge removed. It will be one very clean looking and stealthy car. Can't wait to get my car in that combo.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually I don't think I'm a delicate enough flower to feel the aching existential angst that you must be experiencing.
Ha ha! Nice one.

Quick Reply: S4 Grill - Dont Like it