S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 Setas all Blk or Blk with Silver

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 Setas all Blk or Blk with Silver

I have been debating switching the color of my seats from all black to black and silver. The blk and silver looks really nice. What does everyone think?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I debated the same thing. I ended up going with the all black for a couple of reasons:
1. I was concerned about the white looking a bit grubby over time. My friend has white seats in his car, and over time, they've gotten less white. He won't wear jeans in the car anymore after figuring out that they were discoloring his seats.
2. The black on black just felt "classier" to me, and more fitting with the S4's understated appearance. To me, the white on black seats just ended up feeling a bit too "boy racer".

Obviously other opinions will vary. Either way....its a great car, with great seats. I can't wait to get mine.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with WatchNut here. I've seen a few reports now of white/silver seats getting discolored by jeans or something else. Also, in my particular case, I have 2 small kids and in my mind kids and white (or light colored) seats don't go together.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

same here.

I really liked the look of the two tone seat, and thought I would order that combo. After thinking about keeping it clean/scuff free, though, I went ahead and ordered the all black leather.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I went with all black. You can't mess up all black it's classic. I wasn't crazy about the white inserts or the red. I tried to change to brown, but unfortunately for some reason you can't get Phantom Black with those seats. I also like the stitching on the black.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 997C2S
I went with all black. You can't mess up all black it's classic. I wasn't crazy about the white inserts or the red. I tried to change to brown, but unfortunately for some reason you can't get Phantom Black with those seats. I also like the stitching on the black.
If you can.....please post some pics of your car after you pick it up tomorrow. I'd love to see it, especially the stainless steel inlay.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WatchNut
If you can.....please post some pics of your car after you pick it up tomorrow. I'd love to see it, especially the stainless steel inlay.
I went with the black and silver seats in the end; I had the same concerns as everyone here. I am REALLY glad that I ended up getting them, they provide a very unique fit and finish to the car that is very distinct to the S4.

I haven't had any issues with the seats in terms of staining from jeans, getting super dirty etc. I wipe them down maybe once a month. I don't have a family so I don't have kids with their drinks and soccer clothes sitting in them, if I did, black would definitely be a safer choice.

See this post for pics of my seats if you have an interest, not the highest of quality but you'll get the idea: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2773930

Last edited by zillmc; 01-27-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WatchNut
I definitely will. I am hoping it looks as slick as I think.

attached image of european alcantra/gray option looks cool
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow...I like the Alcantara/Gray seats as well.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Black and Silver

Quick Reply: S4 Setas all Blk or Blk with Silver