S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Which S4 would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which S4 would you choose?

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a new S4.
I wish I can get the prestige version but I can only go with the premium plus trim. Here are two cars that I can afford. I am having a hard time choosing which car to buy.....
Which car would you guys choose? Thanks!

1. 2011 Audi S4 Premium Plus, S-Tronic, Briliant Black, 19 Wheel, Nav

2. 2011 Audi S4 Premium Plus, S-Tronic, Brillian Black, 19 Wheel, B&O, SPORTS REAR DIFFERENTIAL PACKAGE, Supercharged badge

I am more inclined to second car which has B&O and Sport Rear Differential pacakage but no nav. I have a portable gps that I used with my previous car but installed nav system is better I guess. I know that ordering a car is the best option but it takes TOO much time and I want to change my car now.... If you only have two options listed above which car do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

#2 without question
Old 03-20-2011, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chestlock
#2 without question
+1
Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
+1
+2
Old 03-20-2011, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#2. As you say, you can bring your own GPS easily enough. It's a lot harder to bring your own stereo or sports diff.

When I look at the speed with which Garmin has been introducing new features, the advantages of a touch screen, and the fact that you can get lifetime updates for a Garmin for under $100, I actually wish there was a cheaper option for MMI without nav.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

+3 on #2. The B and O is wicked...you can't really replicate that system easily or inexpensively. Rear Diff is a must have. Supercharged badge is cheap and easily added on #1 at a later date so that one is a wash.

If you don't drive this car very aggressively and you don't care much about having the best sound system, but you do use a Nav all the time I would go with #1. I like the layout of the MMI better on the car w/ Nav.

But if you occasionally use a Nav and do care about having the best sound system and you are the kind of driver than drives at 6/10ths or above then the sport diff will make a difference.

My overall opinion though is #2.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#2 obviously. Sport diff! Get a Garmin or use your iPhone for nav.

Last edited by seinsmeld13; 03-20-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

#1 i love the MMI and i think is what makes the experience so much better. Then again the rear diff and B&O are awesome too.

I guess it comes down to how you drive your car. If you do not drive it agressively the S4 is still a awesome car without the rear diff. B&O is great but the stock system is also ok. I just love the layout of the console with NAV and the MMI is really nice not to mention the back up cam.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tofuking
#1 i love the MMI and i think is what makes the experience so much better. Then again the rear diff and B&O are awesome too.

I guess it comes down to how you drive your car. If you do not drive it agressively the S4 is still a awesome car without the rear diff. B&O is great but the stock system is also ok. I just love the layout of the console with NAV and the MMI is really nice not to mention the back up cam.
I would go #2.

I have nav and love the MMI layout but both the MMI and NAV are so-so.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get an aftermarket Nav that will do just as well as the Audi nav. But you can't add the sport dif as an afterthought. IMHO, the sport dif is THE option that makes the S4 special.If you plan on driving the car like a little old lady, then you can skip the sport dif. But in that case , you would be better off with an A4 S Line.

Quick Reply: Which S4 would you choose?