S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016
View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your S4 in stock form?
Hell yeah, I don't want to make a single change to this amazing vehicle.
14.55%
Very satisfied with stock, but I may make a few slight changes (e.g. tint, tires, clearbra).
69.09%
Stock sucks - can't wait to make significant alterations to this car (warranty be damned).
16.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Satisfied with stock? Or must you mod in some way?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satisfied with stock? Or must you mod in some way?

It seems like most of the members here and especially at AZ just can't wait to change or modify their S4 in some way. I'm the complete opposite - extremely happy with the car in every way in stock form. I don't want tints, different tires, different exhaust, chip, etc.

So, I'm just wondering how many out there feel the same way, or am I really in the minority of S4 owners.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clochner
It seems like most of the members here and especially at AZ just can't wait to change or modify their S4 in some way. I'm the complete opposite - extremely happy with the car in every way in stock form. I don't want tints, different tires, different exhaust, chip, etc.

So, I'm just wondering how many out there feel the same way, or am I really in the minority of S4 owners.
I'm pretty happy with the car stock, well except for the silly V6T badges. I'll also Vagcom the winking headlights in turns when I get that figured out. No other huge changes in mind, but I can always boost the HP if everyone starts building faster cars! :-)
Old 09-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't plan on doing much else either, except for picking up a set of rims and tires for the winter + supercharged badges (which I'll do later, don't care much at this point.) Doubt I'll tint.

I'm actually pleased with the stock exhaust.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made a few simple mods because there were some things about the S4 I really didn't like . With CF trim, the fake Alum plastic trim around the instrument panel was just untolerable to my eyes. Would still like a matching CF piece to materialize. But since it hasn't, I painted it black and can now live with it. I have also hated the Large mouth bass Audi corporate grille. So I had that painted to match the body color. I think it improved the aesthetics of the front end. Liked but never loved the OEM wheels. Got the 18s but traded them for 19"Audi S line RS4 type wheels . BIG improvement. I now really like the look of the car. Bought an oil dipstick so I can manually check the oil. The only mod that I still want to do is an exhaust to remedy the anemic sounding OEM exhaust sound. Probably will not spring for that though. Total cost of mods to date is under $300
Old 09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The internet is great for connecting people from disparate areas who share a common interest. Getting into mods is basically a hobby, and people who share a hobby generally find it easy to talk to each other about it. But if you want the car in left stock form there's not that much else to say about it.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I want significant changes, but I am not saying 'stock sucks'
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm waiting for a (proven) ECU reflash. I live at 6,000 feet above sea level and the car is a bit anemic. The stock exhaust is fine (to me) as is most everything else. The only issue I have is with the odd steering feel, especially noticable in "Comfort" and "Auto" modes. The problem might lie in the 19" tires - no idea, except my 2002 Allroad has a more direct feel from the road to the steering wheel.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Dude, I owned a B5 S4 for ~9 years. Went from stage 0 (stock) to stage 3. My stage 3 B5 S4 was faster than this car will ever be. I will not likely take this one past stage 2 or 2+.

Bruce
Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One of the reasons I upgraded from the A4 was so I would hopefully not feel the need to mod (primarily around engine performance). I love the car as is however one of the risks in this forum is seeing the great things others are doing so we will see. I am looking forward to selecting a winter wheel package and as are most all others getting rid of the V6T badges.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock doesn't suck, it's just "stock"

Only being a 5K guy I can not truthfully respond to your model but in the past I have not been able to keep my greedy modding fingers away from any of my vehicles.
Mods add personality, even if no one else notices.

Quick Reply: Satisfied with stock? Or must you mod in some way?