S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Seattle Audi Crash Videos

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Should have listened. Tried, slide down a hill in my neighborhood and hit a wood pole. Wish I saw all this feedback before being stupid. The tires are seriously hockey pucks.

Live and learn. Now it's stuck on the bottom of a small hill where all the kids are sledding. Developing an ulcer.

You guys think popping chains on will get it out and back in my garage?
Oh man are you Serious?!?! That sucks, we have to remember that we're NOT invincible!! Sometimes feeling invincible is the worst thing...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

...and yes, 19" rims. Guess I should be happy I was able to have the slight impact to the rear bumper instead of a door or something. Friend's picking up chains now - crossing my fingers.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I lived on Queen Anne before I had my B5 S4. My old B5 S4 had lots of time in the snow though and was very good in the snow. At the time I lived on Queen Anne, had a 2WD Jetta with studded snow tires on all 4 corners.

Bruce

Old B5 S4 at my house

Old B5 S4 up skiing (Crystal)
Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
More for viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZCyQ3emQg

I love the red A4 at 4:45 that just comes out of the driveway and heads down past all the mayhem in perfect control

quattro rules!
Why on earth were there so many pedestrians cruising up and down the street or standing there at the corner watching the mayhem? Maybe they are immune to getting hit by a 4000 pound out-of-control car? Where do I get some of that?

Actually I'm not surprised. When I went to Yosemite National Park a few years ago I watched a group of people standing in between a bear and its escape route, calmly taking pictures as the bear got more visibly agitated 50 feet away. Darwin!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry you didn't check back, looks like you had 3 locals to the Seattle area in less than an hour tell you NOT to try it

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Why on earth were there so many pedestrians cruising up and down the street or standing there at the corner watching the mayhem? Maybe they are immune to getting hit by a 4000 pound out-of-control car? Where do I get some of that?

Actually I'm not surprised. When I went to Yosemite National Park a few years ago I watched a group of people standing in between a bear and its escape route, calmly taking pictures as the bear got more visibly agitated 50 feet away. Darwin!
Yea not everyone makes the best decisions, though admittedly, these were all slow-motion accidents giving ample time to get out of the way assuming you don't slip. Better safe than sorry IMO, but then you don't see me in any of those video clips
Old 11-24-2010, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yea not everyone makes the best decisions, though admittedly, these were all slow-motion accidents giving ample time to get out of the way assuming you don't slip. Better safe than sorry IMO, but then you don't see me in any of those video clips
Critical words bold for emphasis!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Should have listened. Tried, slide down a hill in my neighborhood and hit a wood pole. Wish I saw all this feedback before being stupid. The tires are seriously hockey pucks.

Live and learn. Now it's stuck on the bottom of a small hill where all the kids are sledding. Developing an ulcer.

You guys think popping chains on will get it out and back in my garage?
ahh, dood - that sucks.

for anyone reading this - here's the deal. before you can use the advantage of quattro, LSD, slip control, etc --- you MUST have traction between the tire and the ground.

If the tire is worthless (as summers are in the snow) - then you are in trouble. For years I drove RWD cars up into the deep snow for skiing - it was simple: great tires.

It's kind of a bummer that Audi doesn't offer Performance A/S tires as a no cost option - seems obvious to me with a car that is touted as doing well in the snow. I was out again today with my Pilot Sport A/S tires -- no problems at all on snow and ice. It also helps that our car is heavy (I know - normally we'd not be so happy to have a 2 ton pig...).

SSAA77: be careful with the chains and check clearances with all the suspension components. Drive carefully. I wouldn't use these as a general rule, but they should be OK to get you home.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

MAN! B7 on B7 crime!

Oh..and that annoying broad...she's ****ing nuts. She loves the drama. I had to sit up and stop everything I was doing so I could hate her with my whole body.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not use salt in Seattle for your roads?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
Do not use salt in Seattle for your roads?
I don't know about Seattle specifically, but this current storm hit the PNW so fast and hard that road crews had a difficult time keeping up.

Quick Reply: Seattle Audi Crash Videos