S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Shady Audi dealer in L.I. N.Y

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shady Audi dealer in L.I. N.Y

I just picked up black/black-magna S4 Prestige from Atlantic Audi last week and when I went to take first delivery lo and behold there's a nasty one-quarter inch chip on the left rear door by the crease.Looked like a door not sure but was not there when I test drove the car 4 days before.Had a very difficult time getting a loaner(A6 DEMO car) when I was to bring the car in for repair of this.They brought in this Touch of Color outfit that specializes in paint chips but was not impressed with the work and could have did the same job myself.Told my salesman about it and he agreed in that he suggested that the area in question be pinstriped(red) to cover it.Sales manager gets involved and tells me that eventually all cars get chipped/scratched/dented but I tell him not a brand new(expensive) one first out of the dealer.I tell S.M that I might do it if they pay for it since it was not my fault so he goes to "ask" if they will do that and comes back and says they will under the condition that I don't slam them on the feedback survey.BTW when I checked for the chip "repair" I noticed a small subtle dent not too far from the chip that I know was not there before the repair since I thoroughly washed and dried the car the day before. Should I go for the pinstripes or try to repair the car myself since I'm very weary of them touching it again(further damage??)and throwing them under the bus with Audi. C'mon guys help me out with this since I really like the car but my dealer is retarded.Thanks for any replys.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have the car repaired properly with a qualified bodyshop and let the dealer pay for it. Forget the pinstripes and cheap touchup.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Have the car repaired properly with a qualified bodyshop and let the dealer pay for it. Forget the pinstripes and cheap touchup.
+1 make them fix it properly
Old 04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think pinstripes would look good on an Audi. Or any modern car for that matter. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make them repair it right or call AoA customer service . Tell them you will Slam them if they don't make it right.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey BLACK10,

I live in Long Island, and just took delivery of my S4 two weeks ago. I ended up buying in NJ at Bell Audi in Edison, because all the Long Island dealers were horrible to work with, with the exception of Audi of Huntington which I plan on doing my servicing with.

I too had a terrible experience at Atlantic Audi. They are far and away the worst Audi dealer on Long Island. Probably the same loopy Sales Manager you dealt with I also dealt with when I was originally planning on ordering through them (tan, greasy-hair guy). Long story short, this guy literally came out of his office and had a temper tantrum in front of me and other customers when I showed them what S4's were closing for as I was negotiating with my sales rep. It was like these guys never heard of "negotiating". They wouldn't sell for less than around MSRP at the time.

I can go on and on about this place... for instance, I made an appointment with my sales rep, only to have wait 90 minutes for a 3 minute test drive on an empty tank of gas, and then had the sales rep let me know I wasted HIS time when I wouldn't take their deal for $500 below MSRP. It was rather unbelievable. We walked out of the dealership with our jaws dropped.

Anyway, figured I go on record about Atlantic Audi, as well. Avoid them at all costs. Besides, who wants to buy their Audi from a lot that sells "Atlantic Used Hyundai's" next door anyway. Hope your situation gets resolved.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Black10 - I don't know if you've had an Audi recently, but in case you haven't, they absolutely HATE to get slammed on the survey, it can actually put them out of business if there's enough bad feedback, so you hold the aces in this deal. As whoever it was above said, have them get it into a body shop and get that fixed right the first time, it's your money and your car, don't take any bull from the dealer.

One thing I discovered over the past six years dealing with our own shady DC-area dealer is that if there's a problem with the repair the dealer will try to hide the whole thing from Audi so that you don't get called on the survey at all. Make it clear to your dealer that you are very familiar with telephones and that you aren't afraid to use them. Once I realized what they were doing and told them I knew what was happening my problems magically went away.

Stick up for yourself!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I hope you can get that properly repaired...that totally sucks! I'd bitch and holler until I get satisfaction.

I live in NY too and plan on going to Bell Audi in NJ when I order my S4. I am staying far away from that Audi dealer. I think first I will do Zag though. I was at Biener Audi the other day to check out cars and there was a brand new black S5 on the lot. I was admiring it carefully and found a long deep scratch on the rear bumper! Totally unsellable at that condition. Seriously, some poor guy is going to buy a car with a weak repaired bumper at a premium. My bodyshop tells me original paint and repainted bumpers are never the same. You take a slight bump at a repaired site and that area will develop spider webbing cracks and such. I've had my rear bumper on other cars repainted before and they never lasted more than a year before cracking. One reason I'd rather order my car rather than buy something off the lot.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I hope you can get that properly repaired...that totally sucks! I'd bitch and holler until I get satisfaction.

I live in NY too and plan on going to Bell Audi in NJ when I order my S4. I am staying far away from that Audi dealer. I think first I will do Zag though. I was at Biener Audi the other day to check out cars and there was a brand new black S5 on the lot. I was admiring it carefully and found a long deep scratch on the rear bumper! Totally unsellable at that condition. Seriously, some poor guy is going to buy a car with a weak repaired bumper at a premium. My bodyshop tells me original paint and repainted bumpers are never the same. You take a slight bump at a repaired site and that area will develop spider webbing cracks and such. I've had my rear bumper on other cars repainted before and they never lasted more than a year before cracking. One reason I'd rather order my car rather than buy something off the lot.
Bumpers can be repaired properly and last. Any top quality body shop can do this. There is a special additive (flex agent) that can duplicate the factory quality and longevity without the spiderwebbing or cracking that you see on some inferior refinish jobs..
Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I actually bought my ride at Atlantic Audi - they were certainl tough to negotiate with and def. a little sketchy but i feel like i was able to get a decent price in the end. Maybe not as good as some i have seen posted but in the grand scheme of things what is $500 bucks over 4 years to someone who can afford an S4 in the first place? In general, buying an Audi was a different experience than the zero Bulls*t BMW purchase experience but it was nothing i'd burn the dealer for...afterall ITS LONG ISLAND...sketchy is par for the course! I would give them props for their product knowledge b/c itwas excellent but sales tactics were exhausting and def. go in well prepared with the facts and be ready to walk.

In any case, if you really want to get f-ed by a dealer try dealing with audi manhattan...they are a lethal combo of poor product knowledge and slimely sales tactics...

If i had more patience/time i would recommend you buy in NJ or CT if you are in the tri-state area.

Quick Reply: Shady Audi dealer in L.I. N.Y