S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Short Shifter for '12 S4

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Shifter for '12 S4

Really not happy with the stock shifter. Finally getting around to replacing it and curious what the general consensus is now for "best" (obviously subjective) short shifter. I did some searching and saw some thought son JHM vs. Strat but no real reviews of the Eurocode Short Shifter.

Also, I know cars have gotten flagged as TD1 for stupid reasons...any chance they'd flag for something like this?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Audi dealer documentation states that an aftermarket shifter is grounds for TD1 flag since it pertains to the powertrain.

That being said, I have a Strat shifter that I'm completely happy with. I've not tried any other brands so I can't compare with anything else other than stock. Compared to stock, there's a very noticeable reduction in throw, less slop in the shifter, and a more positive ca-chunk when engaging a gear. There was a slight increase in effort required to shift, but not enough for me to complain about or anyone else to notice.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the eurocode shifter, but havent had the chance to install it yet. From the reviews i have read on it, it seems to be the best one. When i bought mine it was on sale through ecodetuning for $336.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ob_1jr
I bought the eurocode shifter, but havent had the chance to install it yet. From the reviews i have read on it, it seems to be the best one. When i bought mine it was on sale through ecodetuning for $336.
Good to know. I've been learning toward Eurocode but haven't seen any reviews on here. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JamesB41
Good to know. I've been learning toward Eurocode but haven't seen any reviews on here. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Thanks for the input.
All the reviews i have read are over on audizine as i see that you already found out about.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've had mine for awhile but haven't installed. Coming home from overseas for R&R and will be having it installed on the 8th of August. I'll post a review. I'm also going to install (myself) my AluKreuz after the drive home since it's been 6 months since I've driven the car I want to be able to tell the difference. I'll post a review of both at the same time. From what I've read on here, people absolutely love both products 100%.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Simply put it: Eurocode's short shifter is a must-do mod for 6MT owners, period.

There are TONS of reviews over at Audizine (I've read most of them before buying) and here is one of them:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...+short+shifter

Between adjustability, quality, value, etc., this product is the obvious choice among the options. I waited until the 5,000 mile service appointment before installing mine to make sure that nothing was 'wrong' with my new S4. Not only did this give me more peace of mind by not installing it too early and potentially being blamed for something inherently wrong with the car, but it also allowed me to truly appreciate this shifter that much more over stock.

When you get it, set the throws to the shortest throw and the height to medium. The height you can adjust easily so medium is just a starting point.

PM me if you have any further questions.