S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Should have bought a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should have bought a Lexus?

I love my Audi, but this car must be sick--Fast and Furious edition! Sorry the pic didn't come out so good. Should I upgrade? Sorry also that I didn't get the model off the back. I don't know squat about Lexus other than reading a quick article on a 2-seater supercar that is out of my price range.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

A belated April Fool's, Zulu ?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just took that pic this morning in my employer's parking lot. I doubt it is even legal to put a sticker that large on the windshield. Maybe it is in protest of the Fast and Furious gun running fiasco at the border? No idea what is going on. I'm thinking that if the supercharged badges gave me an extra 5hp, this logo must give 10 to 20hp. I may have to go back out at lunch and look for other mods. I'm really not knocking Lexus since I don't know much about them. I've just never seen a sticker like this taking up windshield space. New thought: maybe this car was used in one of the movies?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zulujams
I love my Audi, but this car must be sick--Fast and Furious edition! Sorry the pic didn't come out so good. Should I upgrade? Sorry also that I didn't get the model off the back. I don't know squat about Lexus other than reading a quick article on a 2-seater supercar that is out of my price range.

As a Current Lexus owner, I will offer some input on Lexus stock models. I have been a lexus owner 3 times since the late 90's. I Test drove numerous vehicles before the S4, including the $60K IS-F. In fact, that was the 1st car I drove being that i am a Lexus fan. The IS-F is a very fast car but Only the 335i came close to the S4 in terms of that invigorating harmonious road connection between the road and the driver and both are $10K less than the IS-F. In fact, the 335i may have been a tad bit better in that dept but the S4 had too many other pluses

I must also mention that I usually ask for a different loaner when I take my LS In for service. As a Lexus Flagship owner, most of the time they can accomodate me. I even asked for an SUV loaner at one time

Having said that, Lexus sedans simply dont drive like german sedans. If they did, I wouldnt have an S4 but would have a Lexus instead because Lexus quality, reliability and workmanship far exceeds any German car. Only Porsche comes close but only until recently, sedans werent their thing. Lexus emphasis has always been on reliability (which is a good thing) and comfort with some performance mixed in. The GS model personifies this combo. WRhat Lexus lacks is that harmonious road connection of german cars

However, anything can change when it comes to automotive engineering. What one needs to do is test drive a car and then compare it to an S4, 335I to whatever.

If you really want a fast sick and docile sedan, drive any RS model. The new RS5 will be soon rolling in. Try that one. Or even the TTRS, although that's not a sedan. And ofcourse, there is always the M3 which drives like its on rails but is almost $25K more than the S4 (as will be the RS5) by the time you get the needed options. Unfortunately, BMW interiors are just gawd offle. I would take an RS5 over an M3 7 DAW

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 05-02-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like someone didn't see the sticker lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Mark. Good input for the Lexus brand. I would expect high reliability from Toyota/Lexus but less connection to the road as you described. I'd also expect less head room as I've found in other Japanese cars compared with German cars (at least VW/Audi). I'm tall and need the space. I like your plan of trying to get different loaners. That gives you a good way to get a decent test drive of other models. Just to be clear: this is not a Lexus bashing thread, just poking fun at the sticker more than anything. The subject line was misleading on purpose (sorry, just having fun this morning). Have a good day all...
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

The IS model Lexus' are a nice looking machine; although I don't know much about them. However, the Audi brand is much more exclusive so if one is concerned about status I think an Audi or BMW is much better. I can't tell you how many IS 250/350s I see on a daily basis in the Central Texas area but it's a lot. Rarely, does one see a B8 S4. I think most will agree that driving a car that few people have is pretty cool.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My daughter has an IS 250 AWD. We recently traded my wife's Is 250 AWD for a used low mileage RX350. They are both nice GIRLS cars. The IS 350 has more performance, but there is no 6MT available. Interior is nothing to rave about. Seats are so so. Rear seat room is ABYSMAL. 335i coupe has more rear seat room. In Fact, the lack of rear seat room was one of the main factors for getting rid of the IS250. Rear seats don't fold down either. BTW, I had more reliability issues with the IS250 than with either the 335i or my current S4. Rx350 has been good so far. I believe the sticker on the Lexus replaces the "TYPE R" badges!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I actually don't get it... in what way does the IS250 look fast and furious? =)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KevinHee
I actually don't get it... in what way does the IS250 look fast and furious? =)
lol, that's why I had to take a pic and post it. Oh well. Life would be boring if everyone drove an Audi and had the exact same taste in other things...such as uber-cool stickers. This post probably should have been in a different forum but I'm in this one the most. I hope some enjoyed it. Others are shopping Amazon for that sticker maybe...

Quick Reply: Should have bought a Lexus?