S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Silk Nappa Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silk Nappa Treatment

Hello All,

I used to use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my Acura's but I don't want the shine on my Nappa leather. Just wondering what others are using, I'm looking for suggestions =)

No gloss finish would be nice... I'm starting to see creases that I want to treat early.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Make sure you use products designed for that type of leather. One is the leather masters system. It did not leave any shine on my leather and worked well on my B7 with 6 years on the leather. It looked brand new!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexol products work well. They have a general purpose cleaner(blue bottle) to be used basically if your leather is dirty. Follow that up with a conditioner(brown bottle) which conditions the leather and keeps it subtle. Not shiny. They also make a 3 in 1 cleaner/conditioner/protectant (gold and black bottle but different size and shape than the other Lexol products)that is made specifically for automotive use. All work well. Lately, I have been using the automotive type and not unhappy with it.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Lexol products work well. They have a general purpose cleaner(blue bottle) to be used basically if your leather is dirty. Follow that up with a conditioner(brown bottle) which conditions the leather and keeps it subtle. Not shiny. They also make a 3 in 1 cleaner/conditioner/protectant (gold and black bottle but different size and shape than the other Lexol products)that is made specifically for automotive use. All work well. Lately, I have been using the automotive type and not unhappy with it.
Lexol ftw!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys =)
Ordered the Lexol 3-in-1.. can't wait!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Used the 3 in 1 and loved it. The look is rich and not shinny at all. Thanks guys! Only thing is... that smell lol lol
Old 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

no one mentioned Zaino yet? i love me some zaino...smells good too, IMO. i also bought lexol but haven't used it yet.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
no one mentioned Zaino yet? i love me some zaino...smells good too, IMO. i also bought lexol but haven't used it yet.
The Zaino leather products work really well with the full leather seats in this car.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Leather masters ftw
Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I've used Meguiar's, Lexol, Leather Master (Audi OEM) and Griot's Garage over the years and now much prefer Zaino. Works well (and a little goes a long way), matte finish and smells great.

Quick Reply: Silk Nappa Treatment