S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sirius background hissing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It is not cd quality

It's not even as good HD radio. They should improve the quality.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhh, but they already have; or so they say. I have been called several times by Sirius to ask me if i want to upgrade my service to CD quality sound- for an adiditonal fee, of course.

??
Old 12-27-2009, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
ahhh, but they already have; or so they say. I have been called several times by Sirius to ask me if i want to upgrade my service to CD quality sound- for an adiditonal fee, of course.

??
Interesting.....did they say what the technological differences were that gave improved sound?

The one thing I've found is if you threaten to cancel your subscription, they'll typically give you anything you want. I recently renewed my XM for 5 months for only $20. I only needed the 5 months because my CTS lease is ending.

Tell them to give you the CD quality or you're walking......I bet they give it to you.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

??
Are you sure they're not trying to get you to upgrade the internet radio service? That's the one that is advertised as 'CD-quality sound' for an additional few dollars a month.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimf15e
Are you sure they're not trying to get you to upgrade the internet radio service? That's the one that is advertised as 'CD-quality sound' for an additional few dollars a month.
could be... maybe I wasn't paying too much attention to the "internet radio service" pitch and got kinda focused in on the "CD quality" sound, for which i thought i already had.

If that is what it really is, I'll pass on that......
Old 12-27-2009, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

If that is what it really is, I'll pass on that......
I believe you no longer have access to traffic updates (for GPS) if you drop Sirius.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

There is NOTHING cd quality about Sirius or XM. I can remember the first day I got XM. The disappointment I felt has been unmatched to this day. CD quality my ***. I have old cassettes that sound better. That being said, I'll always get it because I listen to Stern, O&A, CNBC, etc.. The crap that you just can't get on regular radio.

CD quality. haaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha
Old 12-28-2009, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

They could hire me to ride along people and sing the songs to them while playing a tamborine and it would sound better than Sirius or XM. And I sing like ****. My tamborining on the other hand is excellent.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
They could hire me to ride along people and sing the songs to them while playing a tamborine and it would sound better than Sirius or XM. And I sing like ****. My tamborining on the other hand is excellent.
at least then I wouldn't have to listen to that damn hissing
Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

In all seriousness, while I don't think the quality is good, it shouldn't hiss. You may want to have it looked at during your next service.

This may sound silly but do you have the treble up really high?

Quick Reply: Sirius background hissing?