S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

So I thought i was ending up in a 2011 S4 Prestige, but Rusnak had other plans..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spacey
+1. I had a very good experience buying a car from Ryan Shipton at Pacific Audi. He is a straight up person and really knows his product.
+2 Ryan is great to work with.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:26 AM
Banned

that's ridiculous OP. They messed up. Seems Audi dealers are being pennywise but pound-foolish in some places. They have hot cars, so they're fking people over in a number of instances if they've ordered a car for X...when they find someone else who is willing to pay X + $3000 for the allocation.

Also, S4 sales are doing well, but the allocations suck. It's all around a great way for dealers to make a few extra bucks today, while alienating customers, some with a strong voice and who are very influential.

My advice would be to contact AoA before going any further with the online complaints. I reckon AoA's first move will be to google 'rusnak allocation edwards S4' and find your threads where you slam their dealer. If they think they can sweep this under the rug with nominal bad PR, they'll make it right and might make it better than right for you. If they think you've already done the damage with the bad PR, they'll step in to help but I'm not sure how incented they are to making you feel great. Probably just enough to stop you complaining publicly.

In any event, I feel for you on this one...sucks completely and all you tried to do was be a client! Rusnak's GM needs to call you directly, apologize, get you a car at your price, and throw in Audicare and an Audi umbrella.

p.s. I'm a little confused about how you're out $500? Is this dealer miles away or something? Because I'd have showed up by now.

Last edited by sakimano; 06-17-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=sakimano;24158025]
Also, S4 sales are doing well, but the allocations suck. It's all around a great way for dealers to make a few extra bucks today, while alienating customers, some with a strong voice and who are very influential.
/QUOTE]

I agree that the allocations suck, but I suspect that the dealers are just as frustrated by this process as many customers. I also don't think they are really making any "extra" money off this; like in the OP's case, they will refund his deposit. They were trying to keep him from going elsewhere by lieing to him and telling him they had an allocation. But I agree that this practice will definitely alienate customers.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear of your ordeal OP. I recently went through something similar. It's a shame that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. And dealers wonder why they get stereotyped into such S*** reputations. ONE instance like this spreads like wildfire on the WWW.

seriously, I know of no other business that is like an auto dealership. I have said it before and i will say it again.If I treated customers like this, I would be out of a job! And that's really hard considering I work for myself. Our word is still all we have.

Good luck and I hope something else works out for you!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

I almost bought car from them and glad I did not.
Same guy John. They upped the price on me by $100
per month on a S4 and I laughed. Just walked away and never looked
back and I will never do business with them again. I bought 2
A4's from them in the pass sent numerous people there and this is
the way I get treated. No loyalty for customers. Bull****!
The GM has changed since the good ol days when I would
get respect and treated properly. Now thy have a new GM and Sales guys
and the Corp feeling has kicked in and nobody knows me now.
So much for building a relationship. Try to go with a more family ran dealer.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by northskatea4
I almost bought car from them and glad I did not.
Same guy John. They upped the price on me by $100
per month on a S4 and I laughed. Just walked away and never looked
back and I will never do business with them again. I bought 2
A4's from them in the pass sent numerous people there and this is
the way I get treated. No loyalty for customers. Bull****!
The GM has changed since the good ol days when I would
get respect and treated properly. Now thy have a new GM and Sales guys
and the Corp feeling has kicked in and nobody knows me now.
So much for building a relationship. Try to go with a more family ran dealer.
i completely agree!! I actually bought my 04 A4 from them back in late 2003 and felt like their service was top notch, which is why i returned there. I definitely reckon something with upper management has changed and they are just trying to bolster the top end, doing whatever it takes to get the most out of each transaction as possible.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sakimano
Originally Posted by nobbyv
[I agree that the allocations suck, but I suspect that the dealers are just as frustrated by this process as many customers. I also don't think they are really making any "extra" money off this; like in the OP's case, they will refund his deposit. They were trying to keep him from going elsewhere by lieing to him and telling him they had an allocation. But I agree that this practice will definitely alienate customers.
I don't mean that. I mean ordering a car...telling the guy that they had to cancel the order etc...then selling it to someone willing to pay a couple grand more.

It's not uncommon. It's pretty frigging lame because you're taking all the risk. The dealer by me is the number one S4 dealer in Canada, so they just keep ordering cars knowing they'll sell them. But dealers who aren't comfortable ordering something unique and potentially sitting on it for a while in case they don't sell it can make a customer take that risk (like the OP) then when it's close, they show the config to someone in a rush, and charge a premium to the orderer's deal. Then tell the guy who ordered it, 'sorry, couldn't get it'...or 'sorry, delivery will be delayed'.

I wonder if the dealer that actually got the car is related to Rusnak. That'd be pretty funny.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakimano
I don't mean that. I mean ordering a car...telling the guy that they had to cancel the order etc...then selling it to someone willing to pay a couple grand more.

It's not uncommon. It's pretty frigging lame because you're taking all the risk. The dealer by me is the number one S4 dealer in Canada, so they just keep ordering cars knowing they'll sell them. But dealers who aren't comfortable ordering something unique and potentially sitting on it for a while in case they don't sell it can make a customer take that risk (like the OP) then when it's close, they show the config to someone in a rush, and charge a premium to the orderer's deal. Then tell the guy who ordered it, 'sorry, couldn't get it'...or 'sorry, delivery will be delayed'.

I wonder if the dealer that actually got the car is related to Rusnak. That'd be pretty funny.
That's why you always gotta cover your @ss. I know that if I ever put a down payment on anything I'll have a contract at hand to use as ammo if litigation ever becomes necessary.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Your story seems confusing to me. I am not one to defend dealerships ever as audi has some good ones and some horrible ones. It just seems you should have done some standard things to be official and cover your bases. Simply emailing someone and sending a check does not make an official contract. Did you have an acutal contract to buy the car with them? I have seen first hand bad dealership staff and management but with proper contact and interaction with the dealership I just don't see things going down like the did...

Anyone can send a letter to AofA but what makes one stand out from others is if you have proper and professional conduct and documentation and can professionally show something more than your opinion and a rant. Not getting a car is a big thing but what takes it from an issue of opinion to an issues of improper conduct is if you ahve proper conduct and documentation versus just your expectations versus theirs.

Last edited by giovanni0330; 06-19-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: So I thought i was ending up in a 2011 S4 Prestige, but Rusnak had other plans..