S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

So this is the interior we are getting then?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Wonder if Alex@Europrice can do good (cheap) pricing on this flat bottom wheel now..
I don't think his price will go down as his cost on the part hasn't changed. I suppose it might be cheaper to buy the wheel & air bag for less in the US though.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
$602 just for the piano black surround piece around the cluster / MMI display?
Yep, that was for Nav equipped cars. I assume the non-Nav one would be about the same.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
In the US yes it's possible to get that. In Canada no. The Canadian order guide doesn't have the stainless steel mesh inlays as an option.
My understanding is that this will be a special order option for the Canadian models (like the 2012 models) but the special order guide is not available yet at the Canadian dealerships
Old 04-09-2012, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the new steering wheel. However not enough that I would spend a thousand to get one or trade for this model. Our cars should have come with this wheel. At least my GTI has one. Anyway....
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kostas_os
My understanding is that this will be a special order option for the Canadian models (like the 2012 models) but the special order guide is not available yet at the Canadian dealerships
Just confirmed with the Audi dealer in Ottawa, the stainless steel mesh inlays will be available in Canada starting with the July production. The Driver Assist package (adaptive cruise control and lane assist) will also be available about the same time
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There are also a legit set of 6MT aluminum pedals for the B8 now from the facelifted models, at least in Europe. no matching dead pedal though...yet. Will have to see if the new RS4 has one that matches these new ones.

I just ordered the new pedals from Alex@Europrice and will order up a dead pedal either from the RS4 or RS5 once I find out whether or not the RS4's dead pedal is aluminum and fits our cars.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I recently looked into this as well, but the S4 pedals don't match the RS5 dead pedal (currently only direct replacement alternative to the OE one). The RS5 is mostly aluminum with raised black rubber inserts in it and the new S4 pedals are mostly black with raised aluminum sections that look similar in style to what the rubber sections looked like on the B7 RS4 pedals.

RS5 Dead Pedal:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Rs5/ES1918065/

Some pics of the new pedal design from various cars:
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...3audis4-09.jpg
http://www.km77.com/fotos/bbtcontent...831_0034/5.jpg
http://www.gelaatik.com/wp-content/u...portback-5.jpg

I'm thinking of just getting the B7 RS4 pedal set which is still a direct fit (although design is slightly off from the RS5) and matching it up with the RS5 dead pedal.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SCHALTHEBELKNAUF
I'm thinking of just getting the B7 RS4 pedal set which is still a direct fit (although design is slightly off from the RS5) and matching it up with the RS5 dead pedal.
I've read that the B7 RS4 brake pedal is slightly off and will move around a bit
Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, I read the same thing, but if that is the case I'm sure I can figure out a way to keep it from moving around. Still debating which way to go with it.

If the new RS4 does come with a different dead pedal that matches the new S4 pedals I'd get the new pedals and RS4 dead pedal, but considering the RS5 dead pedal is a direct fit and the RS4 is only available in S-Tronic as well, I wold guess that they'll just use the RS5 parts on the RS4, so not sure if there ever will be a dead pedal replacement that would match.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just found this picture from the RS4 announcement.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/al...Photos/030.jpg

So doesn't seem likely that there will be a matching dead pedal (unless the 2013 S5 comes out with one).

Quick Reply: So this is the interior we are getting then?