S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sport Rear Diff - Impact?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Rear Diff - Impact?

For you guys that have had your cars for a little while now, or have driven both with and without, any sense of how big an effect it has on handling, and if so, in what way.

I've heard some say you gotta have it, others that it only really matters at the track.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If you do not ever drive car fast on corners, then skip it. If you do, then get it. Track or not.

Bruce
Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rktskicar
If you do not ever drive car fast on corners, then skip it. If you do, then get it. Track or not.

Bruce
Exactly. On and off ramps have never been such a joy.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's "required" for people living in the snow belt?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stolky
For you guys that have had your cars for a little while now, or have driven both with and without, any sense of how big an effect it has on handling, and if so, in what way.

I've heard some say you gotta have it, others that it only really matters at the track.
I can feel it any sharp turn. It also works off the throttle. I assume the other wheels still push it since it is spinnig faster.

One other point, if you are buying, it will be a selling point when you get rid of it.

Greg
Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know but I can't wait to find out!!!!!! Six weeks baby!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tubi
I think it's "required" for people living in the snow belt?
Why would you say this? I am sure all the other Audi owners without this system who live up north have no complaints about winter performance.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Get it. I picked mine up today and spent the afternoon driving around town...pure joy. There were a few curves & u-turns that I pushed it through and on a second run through one of them I was a little more bold and swear I felt it kick in mid-curve. For some odd reason it made me think of a dolphin slicing through the waves, effortlessly twisting and turning every which way. I'm exagerating a bit of course, but this car really loves to be driven. And no, I have NO IDEA where the dolphin thing came from; I just have a strange brain.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MalSer
Get it. I picked mine up today and spent the afternoon driving around town...pure joy. There were a few curves & u-turns that I pushed it through and on a second run through one of them I was a little more bold and swear I felt it kick in mid-curve. For some odd reason it made me think of a dolphin slicing through the waves, effortlessly twisting and turning every which way. I'm exagerating a bit of course, but this car really loves to be driven. And no, I have NO IDEA where the dolphin thing came from; I just have a strange brain.
Yeah, I did go ahead and get it. By the way, was your car over a month early?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I've been impressed by it. It takes some getting used to if you're used to traditional quattro. The car just seems to tighten into the corner more than i'm used to which is great.

Quick Reply: Sport Rear Diff - Impact?