S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sport Rear Diff - Impact?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW - Is there an Individual setting without full ADS ?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PGAGoober
BTW - Is there an Individual setting without full ADS ?
Yes you get all 4 button selections, and you can program the Individual in MMI just like full blown ADS.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yes you get all 4 button selections, and you can program the Individual in MMI just like full blown ADS.
So the only difference between the ADS Lite and full ADS is you can't adjust the suspension and that's all? How aggressive can you adjust the steering ratio? Can you fine tune it to the point that it feels nervous and twitchy?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Outstanding. I'm starting to feel pretty good about skipping the full ADS option now. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:23 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tubi
So the only difference between the ADS Lite and full ADS is you can't adjust the suspension and that's all? How aggressive can you adjust the steering ratio? Can you fine tune it to the point that it feels nervous and twitchy?
The way I understand the difference - there are two features you don't get with "ADS lite" (Sports Diff. only) that you get with the full ADS:

dynamic suspension (adjustable damping) and dynamic steering (adjustable steering ratio). This is not the same as the standard feature - Servotronic Speed-Sensitive Adjustable Steering, which changes the "firmness" but not the actual ratio.

Steve
Old 11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tubi
Also, I want to know if yours comes with the "dynamic", "comfort" and "automatic" push buttons on the center console with "ADS Lite".
This thread is a testament to how poorly aoa markets their technology.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by srs
The way I understand the difference - there are two features you don't get with "ADS lite" (Sports Diff. only) that you get with the full ADS:

dynamic suspension (adjustable damping) and dynamic steering (adjustable steering ratio). This is not the same as the standard feature - Servotronic Speed-Sensitive Adjustable Steering, which changes the "firmness" but not the actual ratio.

Steve
You are 100% correct. The only aspect of steering availible is how much resistance is in the steering, not the ratio.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trigoe
This thread is a testament to how poorly aoa markets their technology.
I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that the S4 is so new is not a good excuse. Sales staff and AOA should have plenty of lead time on new vehicles and options. Check out this vid unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlWv...layer_embedded
Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 997C2S
I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that the S4 is so new is not a good excuse. Sales staff and AOA should have plenty of lead time on new vehicles and options. Check out this vid unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlWv...layer_embedded
oh my god... that is absolutely unbelievable. Doesn't inspire confidence, does it.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trigoe
oh my god... that is absolutely unbelievable. Doesn't inspire confidence, does it.
That bumbling douche is painful to watch.

Quick Reply: Sport Rear Diff - Impact?