S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprint Blue or Phantom Black?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Blue or Phantom Black?

Well, it's come down to this.

Ordering an S4 tomorrow. Premium Plus, Nav, 19" wheels, Sport diff, all leather, CF trim, it's all figured out....but for the color. Phantom Black or Sprint Blue.

Phantom on red/black is a no-brainer. Love the combo, will never regret (except when dirty).

Sprint Blue on silver/black. More exciting. But, I'm leasing for three years, and worried there may be days I wish it wasn't so damn bold, and perhaps I'll tire of it over time.

And, I know each person has a favorite, and that doesn't really help me, as it's my call in the end, but a little more perspective never hurts! And, it'll be three years before I get to do this again.

Opinions?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Black is my favorite color but after owning two black cars I swore I would never do it to myself again. The Sprint Blue is really flashy. A little too bright in my opinion, but some people really like it.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Black is not a color it is a part time job but I loved my black truck. I have a 2010 s5 in quartz grey. I would go with the black the blue seems a litle boyracer for me the black is timeless and classy but in the end you are the one who is making the payment
Originally Posted by Stolky

Ordering an S4 tomorrow. Premium Plus, Nav, 19" wheels, Sport diff, all leather, CF trim, it's all figured out....but for the color. Phantom Black or Sprint Blue.

Phantom on red/black is a no-brainer. Love the combo, will never regret (except when dirty).

Sprint Blue on silver/black. More exciting. But, I'm leasing for three years, and worried there may be days I wish it wasn't so damn bold, and perhaps I'll tire of it over time.

And, I know each person has a favorite, and that doesn't really help me, as it's my call in the end, but a little more perspective never hurts! And, it'll be three years before I get to do this again.

Opinions?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you can live with having to wash the phantom black constantly and the mental stress of it showing every little mark...then phantom black hands down.

Sprint blue is a good second choice though and won't show as much dirt.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I love Black, but for six and half years now I've had a Black A4. That's enough of a reason for me to order my next car in a different colour.

Sprint Blue is what my gut says for an S4 (if I go that route) but I'd go with the straight black interior. In the end, the interior is where you spend all your time, and the place that might become a little less novel after a couple of years.

Having said all that, and only because you are choosing between these two options, have you seen the Deep Sea Blue photos? So dark it is damn near black, but with a hint of something a little different.

Good Luck
Old 10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NS2000X
I love Black, but for six and half years now I've had a Black A4. That's enough of a reason for me to order my next car in a different colour.

Sprint Blue is what my gut says for an S4 (if I go that route) but I'd go with the straight black interior. In the end, the interior is where you spend all your time, and the place that might become a little less novel after a couple of years.

Having said all that, and only because you are choosing between these two options, have you seen the Deep Sea Blue photos? So dark it is damn near black, but with a hint of something a little different.

Good Luck
Yes, I actually saw a Deep Sea A4 sitting right next to a Phantom Black one. Really liked the Deep Sea, but it is nearly as dark as the black, and looks just as hard to keep clean. But, sitting next to the black one, just doesn't have quite the pop.

I'm thinking that if I decided that the Sprint was too flashy, and the black too hard to keep clean, would possibly go Quartz Gray on red/black, although I'm a little tired of gray and silver cars, as I've had a few.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, I actually saw a Deep Sea A4 sitting right next to a Phantom Black one. Really liked the Deep Sea, but it is nearly as dark as the black, and looks just as hard to keep clean. But, sitting next to the black one, just doesn't have quite the pop.

I'm thinking that if I decided that the Sprint was too flashy, and the black too hard to keep clean, would possibly go Quartz Gray on red/black, although I'm a little tired of gray and silver cars, as I've had a few.
Imola Yellow. DO IT!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Imola Yellow. DO IT!
Wait, you ordered Meteor!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wait, you ordered Meteor!
I don't have the cahones to do it. =(
Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Opinions?

I think it depends on what you want the car to be. If you want something that stands out and you plan on modding it and adding exterior body styling and wheels, I think the blue definitely is the way to go to add some color and contrast.

If you are keeping it stealth and low key and want to retain the luxury element, I think black is much better. But as anyone with a black car will tell you, be prepared for it to look AMAZING 5% of the time and 'not shiny enough' 95% of the time.

Quick Reply: Sprint Blue or Phantom Black?