S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprint Blue vs Nogaro Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
DHS
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Blue vs Nogaro Blue?

I have spent 254k miles in a Nogaro ("stop and arrest me") blue. I have only seen Sprint Blue in pics and was wondering if someone who has laid eyes on both could share what Sprint looks like compared to Nogaro. I have seen pics of a Blues Sprint with black/white seats. Pretty damn nice.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sepang Blue FTW.

Or Estoril Blue Crystal if you're looking at a 2013
Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Since Sprint is a special order, I would go for the Sepang if spending the $2500. Might as well have something that wasn't offered in the standard palette in previous years.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agree...go Sepang.

But if you've already considered all the other available colors and you have it narrowed down to Spring or Nogaro...then considering how many miles you have put on your Nogaro you might be tired with that color. In that case I would go with Sprint.

But if you have not considered Sepang I think you should. It's amazing.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 AM
DHS
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the replies. I never tired of Nogaro and it always got great comments. Since posting, I did find a pic of a Nogaro next to a Sprint. Truly could no tell them apart. True?
Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sprint is basically a metallic version of Nogaro, though Nogaro is a little darker in color.

Sepang is sex, pure and simple. A much deeper blue, with a hint of purple at the edges of vision. If I had to do it all over, I would have Sepang, $2500 be damned!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Banned

Sprint is bright, light blue
Nogaro is blue with LOTS of light purple in it in person

In photos they look like twins...in person they look very different.

I'd try to get Nogaro just because it's such a rare throwback colour. Sepang is nice, but a bit on the boring side. I saw an R8 5.2 in Sepang a few years ago and it was great. When I saw a B8 in Sepang I thought it was kind of boring. Sprint or Nogaro on the other hand are pretty exciting and really liven up an already sedate design while the darker Sepang puts it to sleep (nothing wrong with sleepers, and one of my favourite Audi colours is Mugello Blue which is navy, but sounds like the OP wants something special). There's a Sprint B8 that parks outside my window at work quite often. Looks excellent.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
Sprint is bright, light blue
Nogaro is blue with LOTS of light purple in it in person

In photos they look like twins...in person they look very different.

I'd try to get Nogaro just because it's such a rare throwback colour. Sepang is nice, but a bit on the boring side. I saw an R8 5.2 in Sepang a few years ago and it was great. When I saw a B8 in Sepang I thought it was kind of boring. Sprint or Nogaro on the other hand are pretty exciting and really liven up an already sedate design while the darker Sepang puts it to sleep (nothing wrong with sleepers, and one of my favourite Audi colours is Mugello Blue which is navy, but sounds like the OP wants something special). There's a Sprint B8 that parks outside my window at work quite often. Looks excellent.
Sepang......yup, definitely boring.
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DHS
I have spent 254k miles in a Nogaro ("stop and arrest me") blue. I have only seen Sprint Blue in pics and was wondering if someone who has laid eyes on both could share what Sprint looks like compared to Nogaro. I have seen pics of a Blues Sprint with black/white seats. Pretty damn nice.
Thanks
I have a Sprint Blue and NWS4Guy is correct. Sprint Blue is like a metalflake Nogaro.
here are a couple pics of a Sprint Blue and Nogaro side by side. my car is not in these pics, got these form another forum. I have friends that have Nogaro B5 S4s though.

Name:  DSCN2037-vi.jpg
Views: 6828
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  DSCN2041-vi.jpg
Views: 4848
Size:  125.3 KB

Bruce
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a few more those were my pictures from back in the day. That was my B6 actually.

Quick Reply: Sprint Blue vs Nogaro Blue?