S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muray
We all have our opinions about certain products. I did find in the past a lot of people think SB's don't work. I used to think so too until I got it because the throttle delay just got so maddening in my Benz. Non-believers, I've been one of you guys! But now I've seen the light! Oh BTW your fuel mileage will most likely go down...since the car will spend more time in higher RPM... Good thing about SB is, you can sell it on Ebay with minimum fuss when you don't want it and get most of your money back. It's tiny. I got mine from Ebay too.
Sounds like it works on a Merc, but don't all Mercs have a notoriously slow throttle tip-in? Takes a big push on the loud pedal before much happens. Supposed to prevent abrupt starts which may be desirable in a luxo-barge but has no place in a sporty ride.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

spend the money on a Ross Tech VAG-Com; more fun. Then do the ECU.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im currently trading in my B8 A4 for a 2011 S4 (arriving soon). My buddy has a B8 A4 with a sprintbooster and I do see a huge difference in throttle behaviour.

Don't knock it till you try it.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
I was tooling around on Ebay and saw that they have an electronic device for our cars that suppossedly eliminates the delay in the Drive By Wire response from the gas pedal.Sprintbooster it's called and it's available for the 6mt or the DSG and found that a few speed shops by me sell this for a lot of performance cars including ours.Wanted to know if anybody here has ever put one on any car or knew someone who did and if it did work or improved the response.Seems a little pricey(329$)but might be a good cost effective mod especially since it's adjustable for sensitivity.Not sure about warranty though if something goes wrong.
http://ebaymotors/09+audi s4 Sprintbooster dsg
Black10, SprintBooster is in stock and available at www.sprintboosterusa.com . Furthermore, our product has a 30 day free trial, if it doesnt meet your expectations of improved throttle response send it back.

Furthermore we are offering 1 or 2 day delivery to ensure you can start your evaluation as quickly as possible.

SprintBooster USA
Old 08-25-2010, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Sprint Blue(ster) makes it faster.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Sprint Blue(ster) makes it faster.
LOL
Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by M3 Montreal
Im currently trading in my B8 A4 for a 2011 S4 (arriving soon). My buddy has a B8 A4 with a sprintbooster and I do see a huge difference in throttle behaviour.

Don't knock it till you try it.
Thats because the A4 doesn't have the DSG transmission and the tranny on the A4 has a big a delay as the C-class if we are talking automatics here.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Question is will the SB also through the DSG timing off? Since the Transmission blips the throttle to match revs wouldn't accelerating the clutch to take up faster in the DSG system cause more wear and tear if the reves aren't matched perfectly on downshifts and upshifts?
Just asking not pointing this out as a fact. Maybe someone can answer this question.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by riegerman
Question is will the SB also through the DSG timing off? Since the Transmission blips the throttle to match revs wouldn't accelerating the clutch to take up faster in the DSG system cause more wear and tear if the reves aren't matched perfectly on downshifts and upshifts?
Just asking not pointing this out as a fact. Maybe someone can answer this question.
It doesn't accel the clutch. It won't affect the DSG any more than you never taking your foot off the pedal when it changes gears will.

It does the same thing as you putting your foot down farther on the accelerator. If you think it adds power to your car, I encourage you to put it on a dyno and see for yourself.

If you put your foot down to give 50% pedal, it tells the drive by wire to give it 75%. If you give 75% it tells drive by wire to open the throttle 100%. (These are my examples for clarity, not actual data from the system, but close to the reality). It does't give one iota more power than you already have, or can get by not being shy with your lead foot.

This however is from their own site:

You can see on their own graph it doesn't affect how far the throttle opens, or the range, it only affects the area under the curve over what stock is

How It Works
Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll stick with pressing the pedal harder.

Quick Reply: Sprintbooster