S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McGriddle
I'll stick with pressing the pedal harder.
+1

very unnecessary mod
Old 08-26-2010, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Un1k
+1

very unnecessary mod
You don't know that for sure though.
It means to send a faster signal to the DBW system hence quicker response to the motor and thus to the DSG possibly giving better performance.
Why would so many speed shops bother to sell it if it were really crap and Sprintbooster backs it up with a 30-day money back warranty in case you don't like it.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
It means to send a faster signal to the DBW system hence quicker response to the motor and thus to the DSG possibly giving better performance.
Why would so many speed shops bother to sell it if it were really crap and Sprintbooster backs it up with a 30-day money back warranty in case you don't like it.
Just so we are all on the same page:

Electricity travels at roughly the speed of light. You are suggesting that the introduction of another system in between the pedal and the ECU/throttle, which will take the signal you are sending it, speeds that signal up, and forwards it onto the ECU to react to.

Does this thing somehow speed it up faster than the speed of light? Did Scotty engineer it?

On their own site they are careful to say it makes the car 'feel' <-- They use quotes, not me. The graph also clearly shows it is just making the throttle open like it would if you pushed the pedal farther down, with you pushing the pedal less. It won't take the pedal past 100%, just change the stock curve. You can see the SprintBooster opens the throttle to 100% at 3/4 or 75%, and does nothing else after this.

As to why a shop would potentially sell something that doesn't really do anything - to make money. Why are there infomercials on at 2am? To sell things to sleep deprived people that they don't need when they are not thinking striaght
Old 08-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Black10 said it best, why do alot of speed shops sell our product. The simple answer is, it works, and works very well.

To get right down to it there are two things that hold people back.

1) There seems to be a lot of misinformation and misconceptions of what the Sprint Booster is and how it operates.

2) Sprint Booster public opinion are split into two camps. One group who try our product and love it. And another group who have never used our product before and attempt to make an arm chair decision based on other people's opinion who also have never tried the product.

The one thing to remember about our product is that Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing improved acceleration by eliminating the delay inherent in drive-by-wire accelerator technology. This is accomplished by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal while providing the ECU (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker throttle response. The actual device contains electronic circuitry that is installed between the accelerator pedal and the ECU in vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control.

Just about everyone who tries Sprint Booster loves it. In some cases they are besides themselves at the impact it has on their car. There are people who will not budge and take the plunge to try our product, thats fine. But for those do try it, we even offer a 30 day trial. No B.S. You dont like it, you dont think it does enough, send it back. It's that simple. Further more we invite everyone to come back on here and report their findings. We are on multiple forms all with people who come back and tell us how much they appreciate the benefits of our product.

For the month of August and September we are offering free overnight (1 or 2 days depending on where in the united states you are) We encourge everyone to try it we guarantee you will enjoy.

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy

Electricity travels at roughly the speed of light. You are suggesting that the introduction of another system in between the pedal and the ECU/throttle, which will take the signal you are sending it, speeds that signal up, and forwards it onto the ECU to react to.

Does this thing somehow speed it up faster than the speed of light? Did Scotty engineer it?

On their own site they are careful to say it makes the car 'feel' <-- They use quotes, not me. The graph also clearly shows it is just making the throttle open like it would if you pushed the pedal farther down, with you pushing the pedal less. It won't take the pedal past 100%, just change the stock curve. You can see the SprintBooster opens the throttle to 100% at 3/4 or 75%, and does nothing else after this.

As to why a shop would potentially sell something that doesn't really do anything - to make money. Why are there infomercials on at 2am? To sell things to sleep deprived people that they don't need when they are not thinking striaght
NWS4Guy, we encourage you to try the product, then report back to everyone here what your experience was. Report to everyone here who reads this thread what your experience was. We take our product very seriously and are always open to feedback.

To answer your question
"Does this thing somehow speed it up faster than the speed of light? Did Scotty engineer it? "

Our product does much more than you think. Our product analyses driver throttle input and uses that information to modify the signal in regards to the electronic throttle controller. In a sense anticipating what you, the driver wants. But more accurately eliminate the throttle lag that is present in all drive by wire vehicles.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 08-26-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm curious what introcudes this inherent delay in drive by wire, and how the electrons are sped up, can you explain further?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor

I'm curious what introcudes this inherent delay in drive by wire, and how the electrons are sped up, can you explain further?
Actually I just edited the previous post to answer your question.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Actually I just edited the previous post to answer your question.
Thanks for that. I don't hold any ill will towards the product or company, but I know what is and is not possible. Someone else already did a ton of research on the product, and wrote a nice whitepaper with all sorts of data, so no need for me to reinvent the wheel.

http://www.peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

That said, his conclusion is the same as mine - it does nothing any owner cannot do by just pushing the pedal farther, save the .0035 seconds it saves the throttle to fully open if you just floor it, but also has the opposite effect when you immediately lift off the pedal, of delaying the throttle from closing due to how it mulitplies the signal to the ECU.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that. I don't hold any ill will towards the product or company, but I know what is and is not possible. Someone else already did a ton of research on the product, and wrote a nice whitepaper with all sorts of data, so no need for me to reinvent the wheel.

http://www.peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

That said, his conclusion is the same as mine - it does nothing any owner cannot do by just pushing the pedal farther, save the .0035 seconds it saves the throttle to fully open if you just floor it, but also has the opposite effect when you immediately lift off the pedal, of delaying the throttle from closing due to how it mulitplies the signal to the ECU.
Agreed. This car already has incredible throttle response and anything more would seem unatural. Seems like an unnecessary mod on the S4.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

One thing I found interesting when I originally researched this is that there was a lot of people on a BMW forum who jumped at this product, they all installed and loved it - then started to complain that the pedal was too sensitive now. One person commented that after you drive it a while, you get used to knowing how far or not to push the pedal with the increased sensitivity, which truly entertained me.

You buy a product that makes the pedal more sensitive, basically pushing the pedal harder for you, then don't like how sensitive it is and have to learn how far not to push it - which is what you were doing wrong in the first place to make you want the product - not pushing the pedal enough with your own foot.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gotta love the blind statements for someone who's never tried the product and basically saying that it's useless.Um,FYI 2am infomercials and dozens of speed shops advertising a seemingly proven product are a LITTLE different,don't you think.Did Scotty engineer it?,not gonna touch that one but I will say(and Sprintbooster is too) that this product might give you a little better response sooner in the powercurve as their graph and ad suggests-not me.

Quick Reply: Sprintbooster