S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Again, do a google search, of all the people who drive with sprintbooster get their reaction. The people who try it, love it.

There are no illusions or smoke and mirrors. There is a considerable impact on throttle lag. No doubt about it. Our product is engineered to combat this lag.
I push the "Dynamic" button on my Sports Diff equipped S4 when I want a different throttle response. Thanks, though.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McGriddle
I push the "Dynamic" button on my Sports Diff equipped S4 when I want a different throttle response. Thanks, though.
Its good to hear that you are happy with your Audi S4's performance, our product takes both throttle modes of the Audi into consideration. You will likely still see an improvement in throttle response that you cant achieve other wise.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wow

I guess I should be glad I haven't been on AW for a few years now. The ignorant responses in this thread are laughable.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Again, do a google search, of all the people who drive with sprintbooster get their reaction. The people who try it, love it.
What would a google search prove - that there's a sucker born every minute? We already know that!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was interested in the validity of Sprint Booster and found the following on Wikipedia:

Another disadvantage is that manufacturers often reduce throttle sensitivity in the low-mid throttle range to make the car easier or safer to control - or to protect the drivetrain (gearbox, clutch, etc.) from driver abuse. The feeling to the driver is that the throttle feels less responsive. There are aftermarket electronic kits to increase throttle sensitivity, to re-gain a more direct-feeling relationship between pedal position and throttle valve opening.

I think this is exactly what the Sprint Booster is eliminating/undoing which I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate. I know that I like the way the throttle feels in dynamic vs comfort and if this can pronounce it even more then even better!

So I don't get all the bashing about how this is snake oil or a gimmick, since all they claim is that it improves throttle response/sensitivity and nothing else, which in fact it does.

However I would never buy this. The only time I would "try" it is if they send it first without charging me a dime, and then I pay later if I choose not to return it within 30 days...

Last edited by FatalBert; 09-13-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it's bashing as much as, since anyone with a VCDS cable can enable this same throttle response on any car without ADS or Sport Diff, and those with Sport Diff and ADS already have that ability - it doesn't offer as much for our cars.

Over and above this, you are right in that these products only adjust the input signal making the throttle respond sooner to less pedal. The other side of the same coin says that since it isn't (and cannot) increase the throttle past 100% open, it is merely doing for you what your foot could already do with more force - but then all of this was covered in the first 1-4 pages.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
It's sorta like going to a strip joint. When you put your money down, you get a little boost, but it doesn't lead anywhere!
I don't know...I ended up taking a stripper home once after I gave her a dollar!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Muray
I don't know...I ended up taking a stripper home once after I gave her a dollar!

I really tried not to, I even closed the thread and went elsewhere... but had to ask :

So you got more bang for the buck than with the sprintbooster ?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
I really tried not to, I even closed the thread and went elsewhere... but had to ask :

So you got more bang for the buck than with the sprintbooster ?
LOL

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I don't think it's bashing as much as, since anyone with a VCDS cable can enable this same throttle response on any car without ADS or Sport Diff, and those with Sport Diff and ADS already have that ability - it doesn't offer as much for our cars.

Over and above this, you are right in that these products only adjust the input signal making the throttle respond sooner to less pedal. The other side of the same coin says that since it isn't (and cannot) increase the throttle past 100% open, it is merely doing for you what your foot could already do with more force - but then all of this was covered in the first 1-4 pages.
Right, I agree it just makes the pedal more sensitive, but they never claimed to add hp which some comments below were trying to debunk. I read that whitepaper pdf and in there it even said that there was a .07 second decrease in time to full throttle, which will affect performance, albeit negligible. And in no way is this product worth $329. Maybe more like $50-75.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FatalBert

Right, I agree it just makes the pedal more sensitive, but they never claimed to add hp which some comments below were trying to debunk. I read that whitepaper pdf and in there it even said that there was a .07 second decrease in time to full throttle, which will affect performance, albeit negligible. And in no way is this product worth $329. Maybe more like $50-75.
I am in total agreement here.

Quick Reply: Sprintbooster