S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for everyone for all the info. I'm dropping off the car this Sat at Audi for the ecu flash. I will let you know my thoughts after I get it back.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

3214 mi. current, tuned with 53 mi. on the clock.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Owners,

new to the site, new to audi.I picked up a '12 s4 white, carbon premium everything but the dynamic cruise control.....still waiting on my back up cam.

So I'm looking to upgrade to the tour package; exhaust, ECU, suspension and was wondering about the following:

MPGs -the car is our daily driver and with gas at $4+ was wondering if anyone has gas mileage data after the upgrade. Stasis/Audi have been saying 10% drop. I've been getting around 18/22 mpg - can't seem to keep my foot out of it.

Suspension - Stasis drops it 1.3ish. Anyone put coil spring spacers in the back to keep the *** from dragging?

Spacers - anyone pushed out the wheels with spacers after the lower? I plan on keeping the stock gunmetal rims for winter - might upgrade to some lightweight wheels come spring for summer/track use.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pizzow
...So I'm looking to upgrade to the tour package; exhaust, ECU, suspension and was wondering about the following:

MPGs -the car is our daily driver and with gas at $4+ was wondering if anyone has gas mileage data after the upgrade. Stasis/Audi have been saying 10% drop. I've been getting around 18/22 mpg - can't seem to keep my foot out of it.

Suspension - Stasis drops it 1.3ish. Anyone put coil spring spacers in the back to keep the *** from dragging?

Spacers - anyone pushed out the wheels with spacers after the lower? I plan on keeping the stock gunmetal rims for winter - might upgrade to some lightweight wheels come spring for summer/track use.

Thanks in advance.
1) I don't think the ECU mod has a significant affect on the MPG as long as you're not on it all the time.

2) I've seen no need to raise the back end of the car, even when loaded.

3) I have some 20mm spacers that were on my car when I bought it. (for sale, if anyone wants them) Looked good, but I'm not a fan of spacers so I took them off. Here's a pic with the spacers still on (Touring suspension):

Congrats - enjoy your ride!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I still average 30 mpg post-tune. The relatively few times I'm 'on it' (~ once per commute) seems to be offset by the somewhat denser charge. It's all good.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
1) I don't think the ECU mod has a significant affect on the MPG as long as you're not on it all the time.

2) I've seen no need to raise the back end of the car, even when loaded.

3) I have some 20mm spacers that were on my car when I bought it. (for sale, if anyone wants them) Looked good, but I'm not a fan of spacers so I took them off. Here's a pic with the spacers still on (Touring suspension):

Congrats - enjoy your ride!
II'm interested in ur spacers if u still have them
Old 10-31-2011, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pizzow
II'm interested in ur spacers if u still have them
Private Message sent.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
I still average 30 mpg post-tune. The relatively few times I'm 'on it' (~ once per commute) seems to be offset by the somewhat denser charge. It's all good.
30mpg? I don't think mine (no tune) ever comes close to that.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

The only time the Stasis (APR 91) tune will affect gas mileage is when you are heavy into SC boost all the time. In that case, higher boost, more fuel, worse gas mileage. driving less than full tilt, the gas mileage is the same.

Best case after the Stasis ECU tune was about 28.1 mpg on a flat land freeway, in cruise control most of the time.

Worst case before the ECU tune with heavy boost all the time in town was about 10.5mpg, after the tune, I was able to hit 8.9mpg.

Under normal driving the gas mileage is the same with/without the ECU tune. It all depends on how heavy your throttle foot is & how fast it moves.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m444
The only time the Stasis (APR 91) tune will affect gas mileage is when you are heavy into SC boost all the time. In that case, higher boost, more fuel, worse gas mileage. driving less than full tilt, the gas mileage is the same.

Best case after the Stasis ECU tune was about 28.1 mpg on a flat land freeway, in cruise control most of the time.

Worst case before the ECU tune with heavy boost all the time in town was about 10.5mpg, after the tune, I was able to hit 8.9mpg.

Under normal driving the gas mileage is the same with/without the ECU tune. It all depends on how heavy your throttle foot is & how fast it moves.
Not true. The more aggressive timing that you get as a result of the tune being geared for 91 octance and up (vs having to account for the tards who might run 87 or 89 on stock) means that you're getting more power out of the same amount of fuel, on-boost or off. Thus, your engine is working more efficiently resulting in better mileage.

Quick Reply: Stasis owners