S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis tuned S4. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 552 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by mhs525
If Audi USA allows dealers to sell and install "aftermarket" performance parts, that's the company I am going to look at first when I start tuning my S4.
The President of Audi America recently stated that Audi Corporate has no relationship with any aftermarket tuning companies, meaning that the dealers who support Stasis modifications do so of their own accord without approval of Audi.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
The President of Audi America recently stated that Audi Corporate has no relationship with any aftermarket tuning companies, meaning that the dealers who support Stasis modifications do so of their own accord without approval of Audi.
My dealership in St Louis looked long and hard at the Stasis relationship and decided to not do it. The management could not get comfortable with the arrangement. I think they are a little conservative...but in the end they decided to not do it. The owner drives a R8 V10 and was thinking about the 710 HP Extreme Edition. I would have loved to see that car!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

If the Stasis warranty has not had to be used that is a good thing - that does not make it debatable. People conversely use the same argument for APR stating - their have been no issues so they dont need the warranty - cannot have it both ways...lol Logic sure is nice to use. Many people who mod their cars lack experience and use boards to piece together performance options that do not work well together which is very detrimental. Nothing is worse than the wrong items combined together which can actually hinder performance.

Stasis products do not "limit" your car - you are simply comparing two different solutions from two different companies - one which currently has an addition to their tune. That happens with every product and solution that has competition...lol New things come out - it's called R&D and competition. I bet if you buy a TV today in a few moths there is another brand with "better performance"...lol

If you work on your thought process and your thinking and logic there is still hope =) of course maybe youa re just secretly on APR's payroll...

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
While I do believe that the Stasis packages do indeed improve the car significantly, other routes seem more feasible in my eyes.

First, many will agree, Stasis is overpriced. Second, their "warranty" is debatable. Nobody has really publicly had a warranty issue that was covered by Stasis. Lastly, their customer service is questionable. They seem to like giving people the run-around.

Stasis offers some great stuff but their products somewhat limit your car if you plan on continuing to upgrade in the future. For instance, an APR tune means: future program switching of different octane tunes, a pulley tune, test pipe files, etc. Stasis, on the other hand, is "APR 91" and that's it, no potential for a pulley tune (as of now).

Personally, OP, I would start with a stock car, get a rear sway, KW V3 Coilovers (if you are willing to drop that kind of money on them), APR tune, APR Pulley, an exhaust of your choosing, and go on from there.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by giovanni0330
If you work on your thought process and your thinking and logic there is still hope =) of course maybe youa re just secretly on APR's payroll...
Just as you are apparently on Stasis' payroll, though I might add, with much less "secrecy."
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just keep people honest...lol and I stand by that because if you check my posts I say great things about APR and Stasis - but apparently your reading skills need some work. It's ok though you are not the only one that likes to look cool behind their compoter screen and comment inaccurately =)

Feel free to actually read my posts =)

Originally Posted by clochner
Just as you are apparently on Stasis' payroll, though I might add, with much less "secrecy."
Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Progrm switching is just not that advantageous of an option. Now the pulley is a real reason to go APR if you want maximum power upgrades.
If you ever have to hand your keys over to parking attendants, you'd change your mind. Having the valet options is key to keeping your clutch...
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just keep people honest
And we're all indebted to your public service on these forums. Not sure what we'd do w/o you . . .

Last edited by clochner; 08-21-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for taking your time to care also =)

Glad to see you might be actually reading before posting now =) Thats great to see!!!

Originally Posted by clochner
And we're all indebted to your public service on these forums. Not sure what we'd do w/o you . . .
Old 08-21-2011, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

That has been the way it always has been - nothing new here - just some people not taking the time to read and investigate. No "secrets" have happened just some people not communicating properly and operating off bad information.

So far with all of the tunes no one has reported any severe issues so its all a matter of Warranty or Not and if you want the Pulley now or not. Its a pretty easy decision despite the many topics about it. Probably one of the easiest mode decisions for the car despite all of the unnecessary topics...lol

Originally Posted by JD15
Old 08-22-2011, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That has been the way it always has been - nothing new here - just some people not taking the time to read and investigate. No "secrets" have happened just some people not communicating properly and operating off bad information.

So far with all of the tunes no one has reported any severe issues so its all a matter of Warranty or Not and if you want the Pulley now or not. Its a pretty easy decision despite the many topics about it. Probably one of the easiest mode decisions for the car despite all of the unnecessary topics...lol
Yep, if you want no chance of keeping your Audi powertrain warranty and want to deal with a third party, you'll go Stasis. If you want to use program switching with a security code to likely keep your Audi warranty intact in all but catastrophic failure by hiding your tune and also want to install the pulley down the road, you'll go APR.

Quick Reply: Stasis tuned S4. Worth it?