S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis tuned S4. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by giovanni0330
If the Stasis warranty has not had to be used that is a good thing - that does not make it debatable. People conversely use the same argument for APR stating - their have been no issues so they dont need the warranty - cannot have it both ways...lol Logic sure is nice to use. Many people who mod their cars lack experience and use boards to piece together performance options that do not work well together which is very detrimental. Nothing is worse than the wrong items combined together which can actually hinder performance.

Stasis products do not "limit" your car - you are simply comparing two different solutions from two different companies - one which currently has an addition to their tune. That happens with every product and solution that has competition...lol New things come out - it's called R&D and competition. I bet if you buy a TV today in a few moths there is another brand with "better performance"...lol

If you work on your thought process and your thinking and logic there is still hope =) of course maybe youa re just secretly on APR's payroll...
I'm not sure if I am supposed to take that last part as an insult or merely a playful comment.

I gave my opinion on Stasis and that was it. There is a consensus around here that the Stasis tune is actually rebranded APR 91 with no program switching and no pulley tune. No need to dumb things down and try to explain "R&D and competition" to me.

I am not on APR's payroll though I do owe them $1500.00 the free tune they gave me after some difficulties the first time they attempted to flash my ECU. I highly doubt Stasis would have been as generous. I appreciate good customer service and so far APR's has been far superior to that of Stasis. I originally considered Stasis for both their exhaust and tune but I was given the run-around too many times.

I have nothing wrong with competition between tuning companies. Stop suggesting otherwise. After reading your posts I have come to the conclusion that you're nothing but a ***** with a superiority complex.

Last edited by Ynnekdude; 08-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my reading of giovanni's many posts, I would take it as an insult that is being passed off as playful, so that if you act insulted, it can be said "That was not being mean, don't be so sensitive."

Hence the liberal peppering of smilies throught most of the replies you see.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 552 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Ah, the ultimate example of passive-aggressive behavior on the internet.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Giovanni's a dumb turd-for-brains, who can't even spell. Just ignore the kid. He can't understand any meaningful conversation. lol.

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
In my reading of giovanni's many posts, I would take it as an insult that is being passed off as playful, so that if you act insulted, it can be said "That was not being mean, don't be so sensitive."

Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Ah, the ultimate example of passive-aggressive behavior on the internet.
I think the passive aggressive behavior of G man is all NWS4guy was trying to point out. That's it. I've been on this forum for about 2 years and I think I have gotten to know a few guys on there over that time. NWS4guy, Clochner and Ynnekdude don't need to be bashed. All 3 of these guys are strong contributors and treat everyone with respect.

So back to the point of this thread...

The Stasis tune is the APR 91 tune.

If a person does not want program switching or does not want to match the tune to the octane rating of the gas they are using then the Stasis tune with warranty is probably not a bad idea.

Stasis is turn key aftermarket parts that are very good but not perfect to me...but could be perfected for the right individual.

MOST people on this forum and AZ have chosen to go with various suppliers to mod their cars because they want to achieve a certain level of performance or style or sound, etc.

I honestly don't think many of these facts can be debated....and that goes for the first sentence also.