S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stasis Upgrades will void warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis Upgrades will void warranty

Hey guys, I wanted to get a solid answer on the whole warranty thing between Stasis and Audi so I called AOA and eventually got word from an area manager of So cal that any stasis mods will infact void your audi warranty. This goes against everything the I've read from stasis and some dealerships. Anyone have any input on this...?
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Stasis warranty is different than Audi warranty. If something breaks due to Stasis part and Audi doesn't cover it, Stasis cover it. This has been discussed over and over again.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FINA4
Stasis warranty is different than Audi warranty. If something breaks due to Stasis part and Audi doesn't cover it, Stasis cover it. This has been discussed over and over again.
Yup, this has been covered ad nauseum. Not worth getting into it in this thread.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0
Yup, this has been covered ad nauseum. Not worth getting into it in this thread.
+1. Just do a quick search on this forum and you'll have all the info you need.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I read those threads but what I was told is that it will void your entire car warranty if AOA finds out about the mods on your car. So if stasis doesn't cover whatever then your s.o.l and now without a warranty. Just though I'd post it up
Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PyroInc
I was told is that it will void your entire car warranty if AOA finds out about the mods on your car.
Please, do yourself a favor and go read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

A car manufacturer can't "void your entire car warranty" because of an aftermarket part. To do is illegal.

They can void the warranty on a specific part or parts if they can show the aftermarket part was responsible for causing them to fail. This is where the Stasis warranty steps in.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very simple if you mod expect hassles even though the Mag Moss Act protects you, if Audi refuses warranty you still need to hire a lawyer etc. As you can see any type of modification will cause trouble if Audi decides to playball. Stasis may also push back and say it is Audi's problem. You can clearly see where this is going. If you want a clear answer than it won't happen.
IMO I would wait a little and see what happens to guys that have modded the car already. If everything is good in about a year to two years time than all should be good to go. After reading about some engine failures and aluminum shavings etc., and potential DSG problems it may be a good idea to hold off a little.
Like they say sometimes if you want to play you might have to pay.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

100000% wrong.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Before I went with with serious HP mods on my corvette, i did some light mods and I discovered that the closest delaer next to me would not do any factory work on the vette because of mods. But a dealer about 15 miles from me had no problems with doing factory warranty work as long as the mods did not cause the problem. "mods causing the problem" gets into a gray area so perhaps thats why the 1st dealer didnt mess with it. But there was never a problem with the 2cnd dealer.

Having said that, when I had my A4 for a very short period of time, I developed a relationship with one of the senior mechanics at the dealership stemming from the fact that we both share roadcoursing interests (in fact he has recently started a club to how beginesr how to drive on a roadcourse). So I tell him that i ordered an S4 replacing the A4 and the 1st thing he he mentions is how the car can be tuned for better performance. I told him that I did not want to risk the warranty but he said if its tuned by this company called STASIS (which i had never heard of) then it will not void the warranty.

So it would appear that tuning for performance or even sometimes having some light mods are the dealer's call when it comes to voiding parts of the warranty or the entire warranty. Ofcourse, sometime, its going to be obvious. Obviously if you bring your car in with a NOS kit hooked up, its going to void the powertrain warranty.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by riegerman
Very simple if you mod expect hassles even though the Mag Moss Act protects you, if Audi refuses warranty you still need to hire a lawyer etc. As you can see any type of modification will cause trouble if Audi decides to playball. Stasis may also push back and say it is Audi's problem. You can clearly see where this is going. If you want a clear answer than it won't happen.
I agree. Mag-Moss can be a bit ambiguous. Some have said that the Mag-moss doesnt guarantee anything, except for the fact that it "requires that manufacturers and sellers who do warrant their products to clearly disclose the terms of the warranty so that the consumer understands his or her rights under the warranty.

In the late 90's Lou Bachrodt chevrolet refused to repar a malfunctioning seat in my corvette due to the fact that I had an afternarket alpine sound system installed. I went to Ed Morse Chevrolet and never mentioned how Lou Bachrodt refused to repair the seat. Ed Morse took care of it with no problem

Once again it seems that in certain scenarios, dealers can decide. If its complicated, then I would assume the dealer would call the manufcaturer

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 12-17-2010 at 06:14 AM.