S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

A story on my B8 15k services

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A story on my B8 15k services

On Friday 10/30/2015. I had an appointment 4:30PM for 15k mileage services at Audi dealership located in MA (PM me for exact dealership). I walked in as usual and talk to the services advisor, and she is nice as usual helping me to do paper work and drop off my car for the weekend to do the services. Everything went smooth at the time, and they also give me a loaner car for the weekend.

Story begin here:
I got a call on Monday morning from the same girl telling me my car is ready to pick up. So I go pick up my car and go home. when I got home I found out that SOME ITEMS ARE MISSING. (Misc. thing that add up worth over $200). I knew it is my responsibility to not leave any values items in the car when I drop off and I checked and didn't leave expensive thing in it. And I can tell the thief did search all over my car because he basically clean up my glove box and some secret compartment were open when I get the car back.

Today morning I called the dealership, tell them thing are missing and broken in my car. she called me back later after she talked to her manager and tell me they are apology and will reimburse my personal item if I still have the receipt of each item.

I guess at this point, there is not much thing I could do/say. And I am very mad because there is no way I can find all the receipt for the reimbursement, some missing items are like charger cable, pairs of shoe, etc) but the worst part is maybe something else is missing that I do not know yet, or something bad they did to my car. I think they are trying to calm me down by reimbursing me. and I am not sure if the manager was aware how big the issue is and how to prevent it happen again. But I will not trust them anymore.

I am sorry for the English above because I am just so mad now and cannot focus on language. I TAKE THIS SITUATION VERY SERIOUS NOT JUST BECAUSE I HATE THIEF BUT ALSO THIS IS CRIME.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear that. Not sure where in Mass you are located. I go to Audi of Nashua (NH) and had no problems, other than being $$$.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It stinks that this happened to you. This is one of those live and learn situations, unfortunately. Surprising it happened at an Audi dealer, but people are people. I had a similar situation in the early 90's, when I brought my car (not an Audi) to a body shop for repairs after an accident. When I got it back, all of my cassette tapes had been stolen from the glove box. The shop reimbursed me for the tapes but the damage was done, and a lesson was learned.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is interesting and sad to hear same thing happen to you guys.

So I went in to the manager office yesterday. and he told me that I am not the only case on that night, they got a report someone else items got stolen in the parking lot too.

I believe the dealership did their best to smooth the situation. He told me he will have training with all the technician how to prevent it happen again, and also he will be reimbursing all of my new items.

People are people. Lesson learned. Time to prepare and enjoy the winter snow.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So sorry to hear that...

... it feels like a violation as we obviously care about our cars.

Take a big breath and I am glad no person was physically hurt. Before I went to grad school to become a research scientist, I was a police officer and saw the mental toll that this has on victims. I am sorry for you.

Happy Motoring

Eric