S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Thanks to Carl from Bernardsville Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to Carl from Bernardsville Audi

After reading of my experience with YBH Audi and how they "sold" a car they had already supposedly sold to me. YBH repeatably told me they would "call me back asap" as soon as they located me another car or unraveled the dealer trade on the car they sold to someone else, (I never could get a straight story from them on what actually happened to the car) . One thing for sure, I never heard back from any one at YBH, Carl contacted me through the forums and offered to help.

We had some email interchanges in which Carl graciously offered to help find me a used S4 or secure me a new one at a very competitive price. He is an enthusiast like most of us and loves cars.

After my dealings with YBH, my interactions with Carl were a breath of fresh air. He was professional and no nonsense. A great salesperson IMO.

Unfortunately, do to added shipping costs of $1800 +, I was unable to do a deal with him. If I were anywhere on the east coast I wouldn't hesitate to give Carl my business. He is professional all the way and worked hard to try and find me a car that would work at a great price, provide me info, explain Audis ordering system etc.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
After reading of my experience with YBH Audi and how they "sold" a car they had already supposedly sold to me. YBH repeatably told me they would "call me back asap" as soon as they located me another car or unraveled the dealer trade on the car they sold to someone else, (I never could get a straight story from them on what actually happened to the car) . One thing for sure, I never heard back from any one at YBH, Carl contacted me through the forums and offered to help.

We had some email interchanges in which Carl graciously offered to help find me a used S4 or secure me a new one at a very competitive price. He is an enthusiast like most of us and loves cars.

After my dealings with YBH, my interactions with Carl were a breath of fresh air. He was professional and no nonsense. A great salesperson IMO.

Unfortunately, do to added shipping costs of $1800 +, I was unable to do a deal with him. If I were anywhere on the east coast I wouldn't hesitate to give Carl my business. He is professional all the way and worked hard to try and find me a car that would work at a great price, provide me info, explain Audis ordering system etc.
Just fly out there and drive it back. Got to be way less than $1800.

Bruce
Old 05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually not much cheaper.

3000 miles = 6 days at 500 miles a day. Approx 10-12 hours a day driving with stops for stretch/fuel/food etc. 5 nights hotel $100+ a pop. Minimum of $1200 and then there is the biggest thing for me, the time factor. I can think of a lot of other things to do with those 6 days(Maui comes to mind) other than putting 3K miles on a new car. I have driven across this great nation of our MANY times and now prefer to fly!

AND is breaking a car in with the cruise set for 12 hours a day really that good for the engine?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I figured you were closer than that, since YBH Audi is only 90 miles from Bernardsville Audi. Where abouts are you?

Bruce
Old 05-27-2011, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I figured you were closer than that, since YBH Audi is only 90 miles from Bernardsville Audi. Where abouts are you?

Bruce
Makes total sense why you would think that.

I am in Portland, right down the road from you. I was trying to buy the car from YBH because they had one of two remaining 6 speed non- titanium Quartz cars in the US and I was dead set on Quartz gray. By far my favorite non-exclusive color.

Looks like I am going with Monsoon, site unseen. I will know tomorrow if we have a firm deal on an open allocation with my local dealer.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Makes total sense why you would think that.

I am in Portland, right down the road from you. I was trying to buy the car from YBH because they had one of two remaining 6 speed non- titanium Quartz cars in the US and I was dead set on Quartz gray. By far my favorite non-exclusive color.

Looks like I am going with Monsoon, site unseen. I will know tomorrow if we have a firm deal on an open allocation with my local dealer.
OK, makes sense then. The audi website still shows the 2011 configurator. When does the 2012 configurator come online? Can they order 2012s? Can you still order a Quartz Grey 2011?

Bruce
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are filling orders for 2012 now per several dealers I have spoken with. Looking at a July/Aug delivery.

You can order a 2012 Quartz gray if you pay the $2500 Audi exclusive fee. For 2012, the only gray that's "included" is the Monsoon. BS if you ask me but such is life
Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They are filling orders for 2012 now per several dealers I have spoken with. Looking at a July/Aug delivery.

You can order a 2012 Quartz gray if you pay the $2500 Audi exclusive fee. For 2012, the only gray that's "included" is the Monsoon. BS if you ask me but such is life
Yes that is BS. No Imola, Sprint Blue, or Quartz Grey for 2012. Sounds like a pretty quick delivery though for July/August.

Bruce
Old 05-28-2011, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW I have driven ATL to SEA in 3 days. Wasn't fun, but not beyond the scope of reason (especially with the S4, because I did it in a 88 Honda CRX Si)
Old 05-28-2011, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jon. Appreciate the kind words.

Quick Reply: Thanks to Carl from Bernardsville Audi