S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Are there any major changes planned for the 2014 model?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any major changes planned for the 2014 model?

Everything I've found on google has sounded fairly unsubstantiated. I plan to place an order once I'm back in Ontario (currently working in Alberta) That will likely be in the summer when (assuming there's a redesign) I'll have to choose between the 2013 at an attractive price or the untried redesign.

Any input?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 618 Likes on 445 Posts

They just gave it a face lift for 2013. There won't be anything major until the new B9 is released in a few years.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As far as I have heard, since they just did a redesign for the MY13's, the MY14's will most likely include changes such as introduction of a new color, deletion of other colors, maybe a few minor changes to package options.

A lot of what is on google is referring to the UK, they do their model numbers differently.

Spoke with Audi Canada before I ordered and I have it in writing, "we can confirm that there will be no physical changes to the car." in reference to the MY14's. I asked about packages and color options and at the current time, I was told, "We have reviewed with our product Planning team and have been informed that we have not officially started planning for next year, so we cannot advise on possible new colors or packages. More details will be available in early 2013."

So I went with the MY13's, by the time it gets here, interest rates will be good and looks the same as next years.

The other advantage in the MY13, depending on options you want, if they carry it stock, you don't have to wait. Didn't think I would have a hard time waiting, but yeah, it's hard!

Lastly, if you really want specific options, like I did with the stainless steel and piano black finish, then it's an order only option, they will never have that on dealer ordered vehicles. The 'sold order only' options are the stainless steel trim, adaptive cruise control, rear airbags, and tire pressure monitoring system.

Hope that helps a bit!
Originally Posted by Audi_Ghrt
Everything I've found on google has sounded fairly unsubstantiated. I plan to place an order once I'm back in Ontario (currently working in Alberta) That will likely be in the summer when (assuming there's a redesign) I'll have to choose between the 2013 at an attractive price or the untried redesign.

Any input?

Last edited by nuccadoc; 01-22-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: gramatical
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the input.

Decision locked in.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audi_Ghrt
Thanks for the input.

Decision locked in.
Good choice, you will love it!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't forget the added feature of a higher price.
:-)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read "somewhere" that it might have a digital dashboard, maybe like the one shown in this RS7. Don't let this rumor morph into some kind of "confirmed info" please. I read it once, and can't recall where.
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 618 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
I read "somewhere" that it might have a digital dashboard, maybe like the one shown in this RS7. Don't let this rumor morph into some kind of "confirmed info" please. I read it once, and can't recall where.
Only the centre part of the dashboard is digital the gauges are still physical analog gauges. The A6, A7, and A8 all have similiar gauge clusters as the centre screen between the gauges is used for the night vision system. If the A4 and A5 receive this upgrade it won't be until the next generation.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I was in the process of ordering my 2013 S4 last summer the dealer told me that for the 2014 MY there was talk about a new S4 "Plus" model (with possibly more power), but nothing confirmed. He also mentioned that probably starting in 2013, Audi will introduce a personalized on-line system for people to follow the progress of their order instead of relying on the dealer.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kostas_os
S4 "Plus" model
S4 Plus = Stasis package?

Quick Reply: Are there any major changes planned for the 2014 model?