S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Is there any way to get Keyless entry/start without Prestige??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my keyless start/unlock feature of my Lexus ES350. That and the rear ack up camera are two features I have come to love. I just ordered a S4 today with the P+ including rear back up camera but w/o the keyless start (advanced key/whatever it is called). I am sure I will miss it but it is so not worth the cost of the Prestige Package.

I'm buying the car for the drive, the feel, and the fact that it fits my kids in the back. But yeah, I will miss keyless
Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
I love advanced key, but I'm curious how AK recognizes four different drivers. I guess it's two per key?
I'm guessing they mean you could buy up to two more keys, and it would keep track of the settings for all four.

-Frank
Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by m444
The idea of the key controlling the seat memory is not a good one for me, since the most use the memory seat gets in my mercedes is when my wife and I switch drivers coming home from a trip or event. We only use one key, but two settings. This works fine on the Mercedes, but the new prestige S4 is flawed and requires the the seating position tied to the key.
How does the Mercedes system work? In the Audi S4, the memory seat position is not exactly tied to the key. The memory settings on the door are actually independent of the keys, though the key will store whatever position the seat is in when the door is locked. So when my girlfriend drives and uses my key, she simply hits the seat memory button #2 when she gets in the car (hit it before the door closes and it's a touch and release; after closing the door, you have to hold it down until the seat has moved all the way). Then when she gets out, she hits memory button #1 to set it back to my position before locking the car. Works fine for us.

-Frank
Old 07-17-2010, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Memory seat is the thing I will miss on the S4

But the prestige package seems a little pricey to just get a memory seat and rear sun shade. On the Mercedes, there are three settings on the door, just push button, with the position in the correct setting, it adjust the seat correctly.

The memory seat is also useful, when going to the car wash to return the seat to correct setting, after it is washed by the handlers.