S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Thinking about an S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buildbright
I have to say I do not want to insult you but your statements sound outlandish. You went to see the Vice President of BMWNA in person? You think a transmission flaw caused sales to drop drastically? So the financial crisis had nothing to do with it? Did you notice all car sales were down for those years? I am sorry I do not believe you. Any sane person who went through the hell you did would not have bought another X3. Also all the used car auto reviews review those model years highly and do not mention this widespread pandemic of faulty autos. You love Audi that’s great but don’t exaggerate the truth to make your point you lose credibility.
Not going to debate further on this as it is hijacking the thread. Go to Bimmerfest under the X3 section and read the sticky thread at the top of the page. Go to Edmunds and look up used 2007 X3's, etc... BMWNA's VP came to me (along with a group of lawyers). And I got a cease and desist on my postings and blogs because they told my lawyer it was costing them sales. I didn't buy another one. I was essentially given one, but I can't discuss the financial terms as I signed a NDA with that. My credibility speaks for itself as I have been called upon several times to testify or help with other claims with the X3.

Bottom line is that BMW will void your warranty faster than you can shift if they think it will cost them more money than a simple repair. I just think your premise that you shouldn't buy an Audi as they may void your warranty or refuse a repair due to mods is off base.

Buy a car based on your needs.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So, I will be placing an order for an S4 in the next few weeks and have a few last minute questions. I am interested in having the supercharged badges. If I choose SCR on the 2013 order guide is that the red badge? Who has ordered the all weather floor mats and trunk liner. I am wondering if it is worth it or if I should go with aftermarket. Also has anyone used the 19 inch wheels with all season or winter tires? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I would lean toward getting the 19 inch wheels, but then getting a separate set of 18- or 17-inch wheels for a winter setup.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pilfer
So, I will be placing an order for an S4 in the next few weeks and have a few last minute questions. I am interested in having the supercharged badges. If I choose SCR on the 2013 order guide is that the red badge? Who has ordered the all weather floor mats and trunk liner. I am wondering if it is worth it or if I should go with aftermarket. Also has anyone used the 19 inch wheels with all season or winter tires? Thanks.
My suggestion is not to order the badges. They are way over-priced and the same can be had for under $60 US on the internet. ECS tuning has them for about $75 a pair and ebay under $20. I just looked into this. Check out the thread.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by willa1975
I think I would lean toward getting the 19 inch wheels, but then getting a separate set of 18- or 17-inch wheels for a winter setup.
+1
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pilfer
As stated prior, the S/C badges can be purchased from several companies at a fraction of the cost from Audi. However, if you want the convenience of having the badges installed prior to taking delivery, it might be worth paying the $130. Considering the car cost over $50k USD, you are only looking at a $60 savings. Only thought would be if you wanted the carbon look. I believe this is only available via aftermarket.

Regarding the all-weather mats, the Audi versions are nice but this can be purchased from several aftermarket companies.